Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Product profile grant admin right

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have created Adobe Analytics product profile (e.g ABC group) , where i have added one Admin for ABC group. Admin of that product profile "ABC group" can add/remove virtual reports from Report suite  from permission tab. how i can grant access to permission tab for Admin of ABC group product profile

Thanks & Regards,

Madhusudan Sura | +919423067216

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You don't need to grant any permissions. By being an Admin of ABC product profile, your admin user automatically has the right to manage Virtual Report Suites for the report suites that are included in that profile.

Example: ABC product profile has Report Suite "globaldataprod" in it, but not "globaldatadev". Tthe Admin of ABC product profile can log into Adobe Analytics and should then be able to create a Virtual Report Suite off the "globaldataprod" Report Suite, but cannot create a Virtual Report Suite off the "globaldatadev" Report Suite.

If you are experiencing something else, please describe what you're experiencing.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You don't need to grant any permissions. By being an Admin of ABC product profile, your admin user automatically has the right to manage Virtual Report Suites for the report suites that are included in that profile.

Example: ABC product profile has Report Suite "globaldataprod" in it, but not "globaldatadev". Tthe Admin of ABC product profile can log into Adobe Analytics and should then be able to create a Virtual Report Suite off the "globaldataprod" Report Suite, but cannot create a Virtual Report Suite off the "globaldatadev" Report Suite.

If you are experiencing something else, please describe what you're experiencing.

Community Advisor

I think that @Madhusudan_S is trying to grant admin rights to the admin console of the group... as in, they admin user has admin rights in Analytics right now, but they also want them to be able to log into the admin console and adjust group permissions...

I am not sure if you can grant granular permissions to admin console in this way... I could be wrong, since I have never attempted this kind of permission before, but I think in order to have rights to change permissions of a group, you need to have full System Admin (which would then allow those users to change any profile, not just this one).

Level 2

@Jennifer_Dungan i am trying to give permission of the perticular profile group."ABC" so that he/she can able to see the permissmion tab.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhusudan Sura| 919423067216

Community Advisor

Yes, the problem is that I don't think you can do that without giving them full System Admin rights, which gives them access to ALL profiles.

If there is some setting that will give them access to the permissions tab of just that profile, I have not seen it... but when I set up all our access groups years ago (when the admin console was new) that feature didn't exist as far as I know.....

Given that this feature is more an Admin Console permission level, and there are no itemized Admin Console permission settings, I am going to say it's likely still not a feature.

If you don't trust that user to have full system admin rights, then you or someone else that does have those permissions are probably going to have to make those changes for them on request.....

Level 2

Hi @yuhuisg 

ABC product profile  has already 137 virtual report suite out of 137 Admin of ABC product profile only 47 vitural report suite access need to give by admin of "ABC" product profile but Admin of the ABC is not able to view permission tab.

Please see attached screenshot

Thanks & Regards,

Madhusudan Sura| +919423067216