Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics | Admin | Data Feeds | SFTP| No option to use your RSA key

Former Community Member

Hi,

New to this forum, would appreciate your help with this issue.

I need to setup analytics data feed to be delivered to SFTP server running on Google Cloud. There is an option to choose SFTP, specify destination host, username, but I do not see an option to specify the RSA key. I can download Adobe RSA key but this key is not accepted by Google VM instance due to format issue. Google accepts username in the end of the RSA key.

How can I use my own RSA key to setup SFTP data feeds from Adobe Analytics to the SFTP server on Google Cloud. I wish just like S3 there was an option for Google Cloud Storage as well to setup Adobe Analytics data feeds.

Thanks,

Umesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Umesh,

The public key needs to be that of the server trying to connect. Here it would be the Data Feed server. It has the private key and the public key (RSA / DSA) needs to be in the destination server. 

You cannot place your own key as it would not be of the connecting server. 

Here are your options:

1. Have the feeds delivered to the Google Cloud Storage using the existing keys (which is apparently not working)
  2. Have the feeds delivered to an Adobe FTP server. Pick the files from there using scripts and push it to the cloud. You can use FTP or SFTP to connect
  3. Ask your Account Manager to engage the Engineering Services. They can build a custom solution to have the file be pushed directly to the cloud using the type of keys acceptable by it.

-Hyder

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Umesh,

The public key needs to be that of the server trying to connect. Here it would be the Data Feed server. It has the private key and the public key (RSA / DSA) needs to be in the destination server. 

You cannot place your own key as it would not be of the connecting server. 

Here are your options:

1. Have the feeds delivered to the Google Cloud Storage using the existing keys (which is apparently not working)
  2. Have the feeds delivered to an Adobe FTP server. Pick the files from there using scripts and push it to the cloud. You can use FTP or SFTP to connect
  3. Ask your Account Manager to engage the Engineering Services. They can build a custom solution to have the file be pushed directly to the cloud using the type of keys acceptable by it.

-Hyder