Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

AdHoc crashes whenever I highlight anything

Level 2

If I select any text in an input, AdHoc will instantly freeze and then I have to force-close it. I have everything up-to-date and I use a mac. My coworker has the same exact issue!

Has anyone else out there had this same issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Carly,

Welcome to the Analytics Community!

I have not encountered anyone reporting that kind of issue before. It is possible it might be an intermittent one. Are you still facing that problem? In that case it might be a good idea to reach out to clientcare and have them look at it.

Tanmay

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Carly,

I have not encountered anyone reporting that kind of issue before. It is possible it might be an intermittent one. Are you still facing that problem? In that case it might be a good idea to reach out to clientcare and have them look at it.

Tanmay

Level 2

TanmayM wrote...

Hi Carly,

Tanmay

Every time I try to contact customer cate, it brings me back to the forum here :(

Level 2

Hi Carly,

Can you run the same report in Workspace? 

I've been using that more than Ad-hoc lately as it's seems to meet most of my needs.

If not an option I'd look at updating the Java package to the next version from your current going to the latest has caused me issues in the past.

Dave

Level 2

Harty_d wrote...

Hi Carly,

Can you run the same report in Workspace? 

I've been using that more than Ad-hoc lately as it's seems to meet most of my needs.

If not an option I'd look at updating the Java package to the next version from your current going to the latest has caused me issues in the past.

Dave

I have had more success with using Workspace and do so sometimes, but my company largely works in Ad-hoc so it makes it hard when we are working on the same file or referencing old files. I have the latest java, have had the problem for about the past like....4 versions of java at least :(

Level 4

I had the same issue on MacOS. Click on any input field caused freeze. I recommend you switch to Guest user, download & launch Ad Hoc client there. It helped me to detect the problem because in guest mode without any running applications it worked fine. I discovered that tool called Magnet for MacOS (window manager) caused this problem, so I had to quit it every single time when launching Ad Hoc Analysis.

After Ad Hoc client upgrade to higher Java version (some Fall 2016 Adobe product release) the problem disappeared.