Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Addressing Multiple Mobile Apps

Level 1

Hi all,

I've recently started working with a client that has approximately 30 different mobile apps in market. Instead of having different reporting suites and Mobile Services Apps for each app, they created one reporting suite and one "App" for all of their mobile app traffic. I am of the opinion that each should be tracked separately, but the customer doesn't want me to lose the reporting views that they have gotten used to. How can I transition them into seeing each app separately within Mobile Services without eliminating their current data views?

Thanks,

SDB

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Steve,

There are two possible ways you could go about this.

1. Get in touch with Adobe Engineering Services and inform them of your requirement. They could swiftly transition your data into individual report suites.

2. Request your data feed and then apply necessary segmentation based on your individual app and populate your report suites using Data Insertion API. This requires prerequisite knowledge and you should attempt this option only when you are very comfortable with it. You can find the Data Insertion API tutorial here - https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/get-started/enterprise-api/c-data-sources-overview

Hope this helps.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Steve, 

One way you could be able to do it is by using Rollup report suites. 

Create individual report suites for each App and include them in a Rollup which will show the aggregate data. 

Rollups are described here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/rollup_report_suite.html

Let me know if its helpful.

Regards,

TM

Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

I think Rollups are ideal for them long-term. My concern is how we transition them from the current "all in one" reporting view to individual suites in a roll-up. I read an article the other day that described multi-suite tagging - that would, in theory, allow me to pass the app data to the existing one and also to the new individual reporting suites, no? In time, I could transition them away from the "all in one" suite without doing an abrupt cut-over. Have you dealt with that approach at all?

Thanks,

Steve

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Steve,

There are two possible ways you could go about this.

1. Get in touch with Adobe Engineering Services and inform them of your requirement. They could swiftly transition your data into individual report suites.

2. Request your data feed and then apply necessary segmentation based on your individual app and populate your report suites using Data Insertion API. This requires prerequisite knowledge and you should attempt this option only when you are very comfortable with it. You can find the Data Insertion API tutorial here - https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/get-started/enterprise-api/c-data-sources-overview

Hope this helps.

Regards,

TM