Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding report suites to an existing Classification Rule Builder Rule Set

Level 1

Hello,

I've an active Classification Builder rule set which I would like to extend to additional report suites. What's the best of way of accomplishing this?

I've tried it by adding new report suites in the rule set page but I then get the alert message: "This action will deactivate this rule set and no rules will be processed. Are you sure you want to continue?" (see attached screen grab)

This message put me off applying the changes as I don't want to deactive the rule set, I am just applying it to new report suites.

Thanks, 

Paulo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Paulo,

The message is correct in that by adding report suites you are adjusting the rule so it turns the rule off until your adjustments are settled in the configuration menu. However once your have finished your report suite additions you can quickly turn back on the rule again and have it run just like was, but with the expanded report suite coverage.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Paulo,

The message is correct in that by adding report suites you are adjusting the rule so it turns the rule off until your adjustments are settled in the configuration menu. However once your have finished your report suite additions you can quickly turn back on the rule again and have it run just like was, but with the expanded report suite coverage.

Best,

Brian

Level 6

Also don't forget to set the 'lookback' period if needed to longer than 1 month. Those new report suites might have data going back farther that you want to have run through the rules. And this is what does the catch-up for data you missed when the rule was turned off for editing. In a couple of days it should all work itself out.