Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adding new fields to campaign Classification

Level 1

Will the historical/past data be affected if we add new rows(classification fields) to an already existing campaign classification

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@sana_john - You can add a classification without impacting existing classifications.

Taking the example from one of your other comments on this question, let's assume you already have "id", "name", and "category" as classifications for your Tracking Code (s.campaign / v0) report. You could add a new classification such as "sub-category" without impacting existing data and or reporting.

If you have Classification Rules running for this eVar, you can add rules to account for the new "sub-category" classification without impacting other classifications. If you're uploading a classification file (.tab), you can achieve the same result as long as you don't enter new values for the existing classifications.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@sana_john Not sure if I understood the question correctly, if you add a new campaign classification and upload data to it, it will impact retroactively as well - for historical dates too. Other reports won't be impacted if the data isn't modified or altered.

Level 1

Thanks @Ishan_Sinha_ . What I meant was for example: I have a campaign variable with classifications (id,name,category etc) which i have been using from last year. If i want to add another classification to this variable( say sub-category) will this affect my previous data and reports where i used this variable?

Correct answer by
Level 8

@sana_john - You can add a classification without impacting existing classifications.

Taking the example from one of your other comments on this question, let's assume you already have "id", "name", and "category" as classifications for your Tracking Code (s.campaign / v0) report. You could add a new classification such as "sub-category" without impacting existing data and or reporting.

If you have Classification Rules running for this eVar, you can add rules to account for the new "sub-category" classification without impacting other classifications. If you're uploading a classification file (.tab), you can achieve the same result as long as you don't enter new values for the existing classifications.