Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adding/Implementing experience cloud ID service

Level 3

Hi Team,

We have understood that it is not possible to track using 3rd party cookie for Safari 11 Browser as per the apple ITP implementation through machine learning technology. Therefore, we were also told that it can be done through "experience cloud ID service ". Since one of our client wants to see the complete data for Safari 11 and up coming browser version of apple.Can some one help me how to add or implement "experience cloud ID service " under our tag management tool.  We are currently using Tealium IQ as our tag management tool. Please let me know for any other additional information.

Thank you,

Jay.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jay,

Link will help you to implement via Visitor API JavaScript Library or DTM: How to make Adobe's new Marketing Cloud Visitor ID work with Dynamic Tag Manager and Adobe Analytics...

Guess you should download Visitor API JavaScript Library and implement as Custom Java Script within Tealium. Or if there is an extension/app within Tealium, you can try that. Sorry, I am not an expert in Tealium.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Jayakrishna,

What is expected here? To capture Visitor ID for Safari?

If a browser didn't support third party cookie, we need to use a different method to populate Marketing Cloud ID i.e Visitor ID.

If you can let us know the idea behind the screens, we can help you.

Thank You

Arun

Level 3

thanks much for your reply. We have to track the users who have visited through safari 11 browser since Apple has done ITP implementation for its safari 11 browser to block 3rd party cookies from September 2017. We are just wondering to track the same from any other way. Yes, we need to track the browser which doesn't support third party cookies. So, could you please help us to set up those Marketing Cloud ID through our Tealium IQ tag management. Please let me know for any other information.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jay,

Link will help you to implement via Visitor API JavaScript Library or DTM: How to make Adobe's new Marketing Cloud Visitor ID work with Dynamic Tag Manager and Adobe Analytics...

Guess you should download Visitor API JavaScript Library and implement as Custom Java Script within Tealium. Or if there is an extension/app within Tealium, you can try that. Sorry, I am not an expert in Tealium.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 3

No problem, thanks for your time on this