Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Ad Hoc Analysis is broken and unusable

Level 1

Since the update last week, Ad Hoc Analysis is broken and unusable by our organization.  All existing calculated metrics have errors and we have been told that all of our metrics need to be manually rebuilt, which we have thousands of.  The ability to copy and edit calculated metrics has been removed, so each metric needs to be built from scratch.  All calculated metrics bring back the same results, even when building them from scratch.  Editing an existing calculated metric, renaming and saving as a new metric changes both the original metric and the new metric.  There is no documentation on how to use these now.  We are also unable to save any projects and some of our projects are randomly disappearing even when saving in the console or saving a local copy.  All of our existing projects that contain calculated metrics need to be rebuilt with new calculated metrics, however, when rebuilding and saving, the updated version does not save.  The updated version, when re-opened, contains a blank slate and all work is lost. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, 

Thanks all for reporting the issue. We apologize for the trouble caused.

The information I have right now is that our engineering team released a codefix after Ad-Hoc blank screen was reported. So I would request you to delete your existing .jnlp files and download it again and see if that works. If you had already done that kindly let me know. In case someone has already raised a ticket with with the ClientCare, please provide your Incident ID so I could follow it up internally.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

Downloading a new .jnlp file seems to have worked in fixing the blank screen for certain projects.  Thank you.

Also, to the original poster's point, I'm having trouble with converting some of my previously built calculated metrics using the new interface.  I've attached a view of one of them.  Basically I'm doing a calculation which consists of a/(b+c) with segments for each variable.  The actual calculation it seems to be performing is a/b though.  See attachment.  It would be nice to have some sort of documentation on the new calculated metric interface.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, 

Thanks all for reporting the issue. We apologize for the trouble caused.

The information I have right now is that our engineering team released a codefix after Ad-Hoc blank screen was reported. So I would request you to delete your existing .jnlp files and download it again and see if that works. If you had already done that kindly let me know. In case someone has already raised a ticket with with the ClientCare, please provide your Incident ID so I could follow it up internally.

Regards,

TM

Level 1

Our organization is experiencing the exact same issues with Ad Hoc Analysis since the update.  Please advise.

Level 2

Im on Mark's team and this weeks has been painful for us to say the least. I just hope the issues is resolved soon.

Employee

Hi Phil,

As for the documentation on the new calculated metrics, here it is - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/calcmetrics/

Have you been able to analyse your calculated metrics calculation? Kindly update.

Regards,

TM