Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Faraz Husain] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Faraz Husain (aka @fhusain), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)through to the end of the program. 

Meet your Mentor:

Faraz.png

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Faraz @fhusain

1. prasanthi
  2. Cyrus_Chan
  3. Marilia_Pinho
  4. umishra
  5. lavanya_Sankaran
  6. roshang
  7. SupriyaDh

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Faraz @fhusain, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Faraz and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about theAdobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

28 Replies

Employee

Hey @prasanthi @Cyrus_Chan  @Marilia_Pinho @umishra @lavanya_Sankaran @roshang @SupriyaDh , Hope you all are doing well!

As we move forward to the 4th week of this community program, I would like to share this link - Aspirant 50% Voucher ; please fill out this form to apply for a 50% off voucher for your certification.

This will be used to determine eligibility, and will be selecting candidates based on participation in the program. Please make sure to fill this out as soon as possible.

Furthermore, this week focus should be on Section 4, which covers general troubleshooting containing the below topic:

Section 4: General tool knowledge and troubleshooting (12%)  

• Analyze reports and identify data quality issues
      • Define different types of dimensions and parameters existing in Adobe Analytics (eVars, props and events)
      • Determine how to bring data in and out of Adobe Analytics
      • Identify information from marketing URLs

You can explore this topic more using the Exam Prep Guide - Link 

Do check out the Data dollection quey paramters document in this section : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/validate/query-parameters

Please feel free to reach out in case you have any questions.

Employee

Hey @prasanthi @Cyrus_Chan  @Marilia_Pinho @umishra @lavanya_Sankaran @roshang @SupriyaDh , Hope you all are doing well!

Quiz for this week -

A user uploads eVar1="Product A" and event1=1 via generic data source upload. When reviewing the workspace report, eVar1 with Visit and event1, they noticed the visit was not incremented. Why?

A. User forgot to upload metric data for visits.
B. File Format was not valid.
C. Data uploaded through data sources do not impact Visits.
D. Transaction ID was not enabled for the report suite.

Level 1

Hi @fhusain 

C. Data uploaded through data sources do not impact Visits

Visits are calculated based on actual user interactions recorded during a session, and they are not affected by data source uploads

Level 2
C. Data uploaded through data sources do not impact Visits.

It does not affect visit-based metrics. Visits are session-based metrics that are determined in real-time as users interact with the site.

Employee

Hey @LavanyaSa @roshang Yes, C is correct answer and the explanation is correct.

Level 2

Hi @fhusain,

I hope you're doing well.

while doing the report, noticed a significant drop in the bounce rate for one of the domains in my report. Previously, it ranged between 50%-58%, but in the past week, it has decreased to 20%-25%.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this sudden change?

Find the screenshot below. This call is firing when loading a page that has experienced a drastic drop-in bounce rate.

LavanyaSa_1-1724410077352.png

Thank you for your time and support.

Employee

Hey @LavanyaSa I think this is happening due to the decisioning call. Have you recently migrated to WebSDK or implemented A4T using WebSDK?

I think what could be happening is that this call is being treated as a page event in the Analytics. Since bounces would only have a single hit, which might be happening earlier, but due to this, there will be two calls on a page now, the bounce rate might have been reduced.

You can also validate this journey by pulling the data from the feed.

Level 2

Hey @fhusain 

Thanks for the insight. From what I’ve gathered, there hasn’t been a recent migration to WebSDK or implementation of A4T in our setup. I’ll check with Target team and validate the data in the feed as you suggested.

Thanks again for pointing this out!