Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Important notice for those using the getTimeParting plug-in

Employee Advisor

Hello Analytics community and implementation experts! With 2020 drawing to a close, I wanted to resurface an issue we saw crop up at the beginning of the year. This is simply a precautionary warning to make sure that you don't experience any JavaScript errors and data loss when 2021 rolls around.

In older versions of the getTimeParting plug-in, years were hardcoded in to help accommodate some daylight savings logic. While this issue was fixed well ahead of time, many implementations did not have the latest version of the plug-in, and had to scramble to update their plug-in code.

With that said, please take a couple minutes to review your Analytics implementation, particularly around the getTimeParting plug-in.

• If you deployed this plug-in through the Common Analytics Plugins extension in Adobe Experience Platform Launch, great! No action is needed at this time.
  • If you're on v6.2, great! You're on the latest version, and no action is needed at this time.
  • If you're on v5.0 or above, Adobe recommends upgrading to the latest version. While you won't be adversely affected by the DST issue, it is a good practice to use the latest version.
  • If you use a getTimeParting plug-in below v5.0, Adobe strongly recommends upgrading to the latest version to avoid JavaScript errors and data loss. If upgrading this plug-in is not feasible, make sure that the s.tpdst variable in the plug-in code contains the appropriate years in the future. This variable is not present in the latest version of the plug-in.

If you have any questions about this, please reply here in the discussion and I'll do what I can to assist. I hope everyone has a happy, safe and healthy holiday season!

2 Replies

Level 3

@Gigazelle Hi Mate, 

We are currently with version 3.4 for the getTimeParting Plugin. We have updated this with Adobe Analytics extension under Library Management(custom library code) and we have updated till with current year (2021 with daylight date range under the s._tpDST).

In this regard, could you please how we can update the latest version for the plugin? 

Employee Advisor

Certainly!

1. Navigate to the doc page on getTimeParting
  2. Copy the code block on that page, which contains the latest version of the plug-in
  3. In Adobe Experience Platform Launch, locate the custom code block containing the old version of the plug-in
  4. Paste the new version of the plug-in over the old version

Important note: The dimension items that the latest version of this plug-in returns is a lot different than old versions. Make sure that you also update variables that reference this plug-in so they contain desired values. Many organizations find it easier to simply start fresh with a new prop/eVar.