Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Will it ever be possible to generate a draft requests report?

Level 3

We we would like to provide a draft request report (per group or company) for their leadership teams to collaborate on prior to official project request submission.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Stephanie,

My current recollection is that there are no plans to expose the new Drafts feature programmatically through the API, let alone through standard Workfront reporting.

@Anna Asatryan‚ and @Matt Thomas‚ have you heard otherwise on either, respectively?

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Hi Stephanie,

Our current concept of the draft doesn't involve the ability to report on those. The idea behind the current drafts is to allow the user to leave the draft half done, fill it out gradually as the information becomes available. Also, it makes sure users don't lose the data they filled out if they accidentally close the browser or the system logs them out.

We autosave the data to make the drafting process effortless for the user, so reporting on the draft where it autosaves at any given moment wouldn't necessarily provide meaningful information. We treat drafts as user's personal data and only the draft owner should see that info.

I am interested in your use case of having the ability to collaborate on drafts, so I would be happy to talk about it a bit more. Would like to have a call and discuss the topic? If yes, please feel free to schedule a call here.

Kind regards,

Anna Asatryan,

Product Manager, Workfront.