Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Report or calendar to show dates in Schedules?

Level 7

I'm looking for a way to report on the dates marked in schedules. As far as I can tell, it doesn't exist, so I thought I'd ask before throwing it up as an Idea.

Here's my use case: I have a calendar report that plots the publish date for internal news articles. The calendar includes PTO for the editorial staff (me), but I'd like to also plot holidays. Those holidays are reflected in the Schedules. Is it possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

There are some creative workarounds below that might work for some. Ultimately I've posted this as an Idea here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, we actually use a request queue available only to some people for all holidays/events/other non-project things we want to see in conjunction with our marketing publishing dates. We have a master editorial calendar that captures the publish tasks like it sounds like you do, and also pulls in all tasks from this project, using the Duration (to show multi-day holidays or events) instead of 'End date only. I'm not sure how to pull Exceptions entered in a calendar, can only pull people's Time Off from what I can tell. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

For holidays, we have 4 requestor accounts, Canada Holidays, UK Holidays, US Holidays, and Philippine Holidays. We put days off on this accounts respectively and put them on the "Time Off" calendar as filters so folks acan turn them on or off.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 1.04.29 pm.jpg

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Huh: "Requestor licenses to model regional holidays"...

Elegant, @RandyRoberts: thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Doug 

Level 7

This, however, is an extra and somewhat duplicative step, right? The holidays I mark in Schedules are essential to resource planning. Plus, I have to populate schedules to reflect holidays in approximately 30 countries. So, yes, this would certainly accomplish what I need it to, but I doubt I'm going to prioritize it for 30 countries.

Community Advisor

I see what you're saying. Perhaps refine your Idea name to specify you want schedule exemption dates to be able to be pulled into a calendar, like you can with users' Time Off. Since you can't move away from tracking them in Schedules for resource planning, then yes it would be extra time for you to also put the holidays in as requests or a 'user' time off. I upvoted the Idea : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

I agree. This solution is high maintenance if you have more than a few countries.

Level 7

If I could reliably get people to use something like that, it could be a solution.

Correct answer by
Level 7

There are some creative workarounds below that might work for some. Ultimately I've posted this as an Idea here.