Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Having trouble using OAUTH2 configuration to establish Fusion connection

Level 1

I am trying to use the new OAUTH 2 config in Workfront Setup to create an Application to use for the Fusion Connection Service Account (i.e. not tied to a user account).
Using the key and secret, no problem. 
When I try to establish the connection I keep getting the following error, https://app.workfrontfusion.com/oauth/cb/workfront-workfront is not allowed

My guess. it is in the OAUTH setup on the Workfront side, but not sure.   Any ideas?

5 Replies

Level 8

Were you able to figure out what was causing this issue? I am running into the same thing trying to connect a service account. Thanks!

Level 1

I'm curious if you figured out a solution to this issue. I was able to make my OAuth app setup work, but only using the Search a Record module where MTM was an option in connection setup. The problem now is that the connection only is selectable on the Search a Record modules as well, although I can force the connection to other Workfront modules using the Dev Tool swap connection feature, but the module shows as not being configured (although it works upon execution of the scenario). If I try to set up my application on any other module, I get the same error message as the original poster.

Level 1

Ended up using a user account, then using the login as to establish the OAUTH connection.  
Need to login as the user in Workfront prior to trying to establish the connection.  Need to be in the same window but separate tab to ensure cookies are consistent, then establish the connection using the user you logged in as.

Level 1

Ah, got it. Unfortunately, I think that method no longer works either, which is part of what brought me to this thread. Well, you can still login using the pop up window, but it doesn't carry your browser session over any longer and seems to require a fresh introduction of user credentials each time. Therefore, you must have and introduce service account credentials at the pop up screen, the 'Login As' feature and then authenticating in the same browser no longer works.

Level 8

I was able to get my service account connected but had to do so in an incognito window being logged in as the user in Workfront and Fusion. We use SSO so I had to obtain the credentials from our IT team for the service account to get it to connect.