Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront Skill Exchange (Aug 2023) - “Grow Track” Follow-up Thread

Employee

Did you attend the Workfront Skill Exchange on August 16, 2023 and have a follow-up question for one of the speakers in the GROW track? You’re in the right place! Post your question below and tag the speaker so they can get back to you! Here is a handy list of all the sessions and speakers in the Grow Track:  

• Emcee & Host: Kristin Farwell 
  • Opening Keynote: Richard Whitehead, Adobe (@RichardWh 
  • Maturing Workfront Across the Enterprise: Dale Whitchurch, IPG Health (@dale_whitchurch
  • Tackle Burnout with Resource Management: Tia Calvert (@TiaCa) and Erin Kuchera (@erinkuchera), Mayo Clini
  • Purpose Driven AutomationsJennafer Higgs (@JennaferHi), Jonathan Cabre (@JonathanCa), and Malcom Benites (@malcombenites), Zimmerman Advertising 
  • Experience Makers Spotlight: Prepare for Growth & Continued Efficiencies
    • Cathy Glenn, Thermo Fisher Scientific (@CathyGl
    • Trinite Bryant, Amazon Web Services (AWS) (@TriniteBr
    • Timothy Brooks, Deloitte (@TimothyBr

Do you have a follow-up question for someone in the Learn track? You can find that follow-up thread here. 

On-Demand Viewing - If you registered for the Skill Exchange, you can now access the sessions on-demand from the link in your confirmation or follow-up emails. If you did not register for the event, have no fear, we'll be posting all the videos on Experience League w/in the next month. I'll update this post when they're ready!

Artwork_Header Image For Event Technology_616x205.png

12 Replies

Employee

I could only tag 10 people in my post above (#hashtagproblems), so in case anyone has questions for me, you can find me here - @KristinFarwell. I don't expect you will have questions for me, unless it's about plants, dogs, bikes or my rad earrings. Happy Skill Exchange Day!! 

Level 1

Hi @KristinFarwell  I am guessing this is where I post my questions?  I would like to know a bit more about licence distribution and how to optimise collaborator engagement with WorkFront.  Especially in scenarios where there is a limited amount of worker/ planner licences and a larger number of collaborators.  I am directing this at Trinite in particular as she shared they had a large number of collaborators but any tips or treasures from anyone else are also welcome.

Employee

Tagging @TriniteBr in this note so she can share a bit more about how they do this at AWS. (If anyone else has thoughts, please feel free to weigh in as well!)

Community Advisor

In my instance, I have just under 400 paid users and 9,500+ collaborators. For the collaborators, I like to meet them where they are by turning on as many out-of-the-box integrations as we can. A huge one is when they reply to a WF notification as an email, the integration will copy the text and upload it as a reply in the system.
When there are changes, I really look at what's changing for them and if there's nothing, I don't bother them with any emails or notifications. And with training, we create a couple leave behinds (PDFs) and really utilize the videos Adobe creates.

Hope this helps!!

Level 2

Not a question, but I would love to know more about the System and Group Admin model please!

Level 2

Hi @Nevalee_Hedges we're working on revamping our SA/GA model now that we're in one WF environment. So, far, I can tell that we really rely on group admins to support and disseminate information down to the Groups they support. Also, because WF has given Groups the ability to control more objects for themselves, the GA plays a vital role for first line of support and doing things like forms, reports, dashboards, onboarding new team members, etc. We've tried to ladder up system on only function to our SA's to include assessing new WF interest and onboarding new groups into the tool. We also have a product manager and product owner so that really helps too. 

Level 3

Hi @Nevalee_Hedges,

In case you're free, they are working on adding a follow-up Office Hours/Ask the Expert on Friday, September 15. (I'm sure @KristinFarwell or one of us will drop a link here, once it's scheduled.)

In case you're not able to attend, I'll add some of my experience to @TiaCa's great points.

Our model is, the System Admin drives the governance, purchasing, strategy/direction, connection to Adobe, and serves as the expert for items the group admins are not familiar with. 

The Group Admins are the frontline support, builders, trainers, and knowledge resource for their teams.

Generally, our model is, if your team needs a request queue and templates, your team needs a Group Admin.

We have in the past created a couple levels of "Group Admins," where teams that only needed to manage templates became Super Users.  

If you're looking for more specifics or benefits and tradeoffs, I'm happy to share here or in the Office Hours. 

Level 2

I can always make time! Thank you. 

We are potentially looking to leverage this model, and I'm here for all the info.

Employee Advisor

For those who missed Workfront Skill Exchange earlier this month, the Workfront Scale Customer Success team will be hosting a follow-up session with folks from the Experience Makers Spotlight (Grow track) on Friday, September 15 at 10:00am MT / 12:00pm ET for a 1-hour open Q&A featuring Cathy Glenn, Thermo Fisher Scientific (@CathyGl) and Timothy Brooks, Deloitte (@TimothyBr). 

REGISTER HERE or through the Events page on Experience League! 

@Nevalee_Hedges @LornaAm Tagging you both as it sounds like you have follow-up questions! 

Level 3

Hi @NicholeVargas,

Both the Learn and Grow Track Follow-up pages indicate the recordings will be updated with from the original Skills Exchanges. Is there and ETA as to when we could expect those updated postings? I'm registered for the Spotlight sessions too, but I would like the links to the OG recordings as well. TIA!

You've got the magic touch @LaurenWood,

I just received an email with such links this morning, so suspect your stork bundle will be on your doorstep shortly.

Regards,

Doug

Special delivery received as you suspected, Doug. Thanks magical Workfront storks!