Expand my Community achievements bar.

Find your best audience, no third party cookies required – that’s where Adobe Real-Time CDP Collaboration (coming soon) comes in

SFTP Destination Connector - Authentication Error

Level 2

Hello, I am trying to use the SFTP Destination Connector in RTCDP and running into an authentication error. The destination is SFMC and I have created a SSH key and added it to my FTP account in SFMC following the documentation listed below. Ive also followed the Adobe documentation on troubleshooting such errors but I am still getting an authentication error when trying to connect to the destination. Any tips on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Employee

Hi @RyanMoravick,

One thing most of us forget is to whitelist the IP ranges; you will have to add them to your allowlist, to safely export data from Experience Platform to several storage destinations.

The documentation provides IP ranges that you can add to your allowlist:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/destinations/catalog/cloud-storage/ip...

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

Level 2

Hey @Kumar_Saurabh_ thank you for the reply! There were a few IPs I missed so ive added them to my allowlist. However I am still unable to connect to the destination. This makes me think there might be an issue with the SSH. In SFMC, ive added a public SSH key to my FTP account, but I believe Adobe requires a private SSH key? Is that correct?

Employee

Yes @RyanMoravick, you will have to put the Private Key at the time of establishing the SSH connection. You would have generated a Public-Private key pair, use the same base64 encoded key.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

Level 2

Hey @Kumar_Saurabh_ im still getting an authentication error. When I add my ssh key to FTP account in SFMC, I am only allowed to add the public key and not the private key. When I try to the destination connector in AEP, I am to use the private key. Could this be causing the issue?

Employee

Hi @RyanMoravick,

That is the correct way, you will have to add the Public key in the FTP account for whitelisting, and use the base64 encoded Private key while creating the destination connection in AEP.

Please follow the below documentation to establish a successful connection:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/sources/connectors/cloud-storage/sftp...

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

Level 2

Thank you @Kumar_Saurabh_ ive followed the documentation but I am still unable to connect to the destination. If I am using the FTP account already for a source connection to SFMC, am I able to use the same FTP account for the destination connection to SFMC? Or do I need two separate FTP accounts, one for the source and one for the destination?

Employee

@RyanMoravick, You can use the same SFTP for a source and a destination connection.

Level 2

@Kumar_Saurabh_ ok that's good to know. Im not sure what else could be causing authentication error at this point. Any suggestions?

Community Advisor

There are two authentication methods to authenticate against the SFMC SFTP site.

user_id/pwd

sftp with ssh key.

Just to confirm you are able to connect with either connection method to the SFMC SFTP site using a third party tool?

Level 2

Hey @brekrut I have tried FileZilla and Cyberduck and have been unable to access the SFMC SFTP site using user_id/pwd or with ssh key

Community Advisor

Hi @RyanMoravick  

I would start with the third party tool like FileZilla or Cyberduck to connect to the SFMC SFTP location.  Once you are able to connect with this tool you should be able to connect using the Adobe RTCDP destination connector.