Expand my Community achievements bar.

Segment Activation Query

Employee

I need help with one of the questions from AEP certification! I will try to recollect the question along with the options given.

Q: A user needs to activate five segments to the destination. Three segments need to be activated with two attributes and the other two with three attributes. What's the best way to handle this situation?
a) Create separate destination accounts
b) Map each segment while activating to the destination
c) Create separate folder for the segments on the destination side

2 Replies

Level 2

I guess we should always try these scenarios out, as while activating the segments, we have an option to manually map the attributes and that would be preferred way.

Level 5

@shaunakj18 Here goes the guidance on this,  in order have precise activation data for segregated audience for same destination(I mean same SFTP or Azure Blob etc...), you just need to add in new destination with existing account which enables you have different mapping for other set of audience which shares the same attribute set.

Details steps:

Go to Catalog section of destinations, search for the destination which has been already setup for first two audience and click on activate to bring up the activation flow and add in new destination (new flow) where you can map different setup of attributes and different destination folder with same destination account credentials, different files attributes to achieve your requirement.

#One of ways to get to new destination flow.

nnakirikanti_0-1718659446867.png

I hope this solves your use case

~cheers

NN.