Expand my Community achievements bar.

Profiles from the list are dropping within few days

Level 3

Hi,

We had uploaded a list of profiles for segmentation, however, the profiles within the segment seems to be dropping after few days.  We would have to reupload the list again.  Do we know why that would happen?

Thanks

7 Replies

Employee

Hello @CBSIMP 

Can you please provide examples of the profiles which are being removed from the unified profile?

Level 3

Hi @brekrut,

Unfortunately I am not able to share the profiles information.  However, it seems it's more than 50% of users dropping.  The file has no issues so not sure what is causing this.

Thanks

Level 5

Hi @CBSIMP,

I share with you some potential reasons why the profiles in the segment might be dropping down.

1. Data Retention Policies: Profiles might be removed if there's an expiration set on the data or if the segment has a limited activation timeframe.
  2. Profile Updates: New data ingestion or updates might cause profiles to no longer match the segment criteria.
  3. Segment Criteria: Dynamic segments may exclude profiles over time as conditions change (e.g., time-based criteria).
  4. System Issues: Inconsistent processing, platform maintenance, or updates could temporarily affect segment membership.
  5. Manual Errors: Ensure that re-uploaded lists are consistent with the original data.

If afterwards it continues happening, consider reaching out to Adobe Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Celia

@jpetermarias 

Level 3

Hi @ccg1706,

Can you please elaborate on the segment activation timeframe?  Is that part of the rule or no?  If it's part of the rule, then we don't have it setup in that way?

Thanks

Level 5

Hi @CBSIMP,

I elaborate you more according to the segment activation timeframe. It refers to the period during which profiles are actively evaluated against the segment criteria and included in the segment if they meet those criteria. 

If the timeframe is part of your segment rules, profiles could be excluded once the timeframe expires  or if the profile data no longer meets the segment's conditions. However, if your segment doesn't have a defined activation timeframe, then the profiles should remain in the segment as long as they continue to satisfy the segment's criteria.

Take into account checking the specific configuration of your segment rules within the tool. Ensure there are no time-based conditions that might be causing profiles to drop out. If your segment isn't set up with an activation timeframe rule, this wouldn't be the reason for the profile drop-off.

I hope this clarifies you!

Regards, 

Celia 

@jpetermarias 

Level 2

Hi @CBSIMP ,
By dropping, do you mean they are no longer the part of the segment? or can you not see them when you search for those profiles using their IDs in the Profile store?

Level 3

Hi @Pareek1 ,

I mean by they are no longer part of the segment.

Thanks