Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Bryan Rekrut] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion/Contextual thread for your Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentor, Bryan Rekrut!

Bryan Rekrut will be your dedicated mentor, providing valuable support and guidance on your Adobe Real-Time CDP queries as you upskill yourself and prepare for Real-Time CDP certification throughout the program.

Know your Mentor Bryan Rekrut (aka @brekrut )

Bryan is a second-time mentor. He led and been part of 7 Adobe RTCDP implementations, part of the 2024 Adobe RTCDP developer exam writing class, proficient within Adobe Experience Cloud and other MarTech platforms

Aspirants mapped to Bryan Rekrut

1) David Ross aka @DavidRoss91 
2) Anjali Khera aka @Anjalikhera747 
3) Pratheep Arun Raj B aka @PratheepArunRaj 
4) Kumar Sameer aka @kumarsameer 
5) Rohit Neema aka @rohit_neema 
6) Thomas Kauffman aka @kauffman_tj 
7) Martin Alexandrov aka @m-al 
Naveen Patel aka @npatel2344 
9) Yuqi Zhang aka @YuqiZh1 
10) Vivek Dhiman aka @vdhim23 
11) Upama Ray Chaudhuri aka @UpamaRC 
12) Yahia Al-Alami aka @JoeAl1 

How to participate in the program

• Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Bryan Rekrut, and fellow Aspirant peers.
  • Stand a chance to win the ‘Most Engaging Aspirant’ recognition from your mentor by participating in a weekly quiz.
  • Test your knowledge by replying to the unresolved questions in the Real-Time CDP and AEP community and tag your Mentor to get recognized as an ‘Exceptional Contributor’ by your mentor.
  • Stick to the schedule to cover one module/week and clear Adobe Real-Time CDP Certification during the program: July 15 – Aug 30

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot to stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program.
  • Introduce yourself to Bryan Rekrut and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe DX stack. 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Real-Time Customer Data Platform Developer Expert certification (Exam ID: AD0-E605)
  • Stick to schedule and ensure you track your progress in the exam prep guide.
  • Test your learning by replying to weekly quiz by your mentor
  • Practice the modules by replying to unresolved queries in the AEP community & RTCDP Community and tag your mentor. 

Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and the Real-time CDP Community throughout the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

We wish you all the best as you embark on this learning experience!

[update]

Link to Week 2 Contextual thread of Mentor Bryan!

Link to Week 3 Contextual thread of Mentor Bryan! 

33 Replies

Level 5

Hi all!

My name is Dave, and I'm located in Pittsburgh, Pa. I’m a certified AEP business practitioner and currently work as a Business Consultant for TAP CXM. I have been involved in 2 AEP RTCDP implementations over the past 3 years. I previously worked as a Product Analyst for DSG, focusing on their transition from ACS to RTCDP for marketing use cases. I’m very eager to continue to learn and develop my skills within the adobe stack. Looking forward to working with you all.

Dave

Community Advisor

Hello Everyone!

I am Pratheep Arun Raj, alias Arun, and I work as an Enterprise Architect at NextRow, India. I have 13+ years of experience in MarTech Solutions. With RTCDP, my experience is around 3 years. I am a Community Advisor, Adobe User Group Leader, Adobe Certification Portal Ambassador (with 10 active certifications), and Adobe Analytics Champion 2023-2024. Due to other priorities, I was unable to focus on RTCDP certification, which I would push myself from this lovely program. Eager to learn from everyone!

Thanks @NimashaJain for the wonderful opportunity.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

Employee

Hi All (@brekrut),

I’m Sameer, and I’ve been with Adobe for about two years. I have experience working with customers on RTCDP and AJO projects. I’m looking forward to learning more as we kick off this program and collaborating with all of you!

Looking forward to connecting!

Level 2

Hello everyone.

My name is TJ Kauffman and I work for Dish, which is an Echostar company.  I've been working with Adobe tools (Analytics, Target, Data Collection) for the 8 years as the primary administrator.  As a company, we have been working with AEP/RTCDP for the last year.  Looking forward to further enhancing my skills and learning more surrounding this product.

Level 2

Hi All !

My name is  Upama and I am currently working as Data Architect in Credera, India. I am involved in AEP RTCDP implementation for past 2 years and this is my first CDP project. I previously worked as Master Data Management solution architect, helping clients spread across various domains and geos to design and implement their MDM solutions .I am looking forward to enhance my AEP knowledge and learn other Martech tools offered by Adobe.

Level 2

Hi everyone,

My name is Martin and I work for Rogers from Toronto, Canada. Have worked for a few years with Adobe Data Collection, AAM, Analytics and Target on the enablement / dev side.

More recently, I have started learning about AEP, working with a sister company to better understand their AEP / RT-CDP implementation.

Employee

Hello Everyone,

Glad to have all of you part of this program.  As Nimasha has mentioned I have been part of a number of Adobe RTCDP implementations and happy to help share my experience with you towards your certification. 

I plan on posting weekly quizzes the email address which has been provided to Nimasha.

What are the goals each of you have for this program?

Community Advisor

Dear @Bryan-Rekrut ,

The short term goal for me is to get the Certification. As we at NextRow is focusing on AEP & Applications on AEP, we need to get the Specialization in AEP-RTCDP.

The long term goal is however getting deeper into the solution and innovate on top of it.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

Level 2

Hello everyone.

My name is Rohit and I work for OMEG Technology Solutions.  I've been working with Adobe tools (Adobe Analytics, Target, Data Collection, Audience Manager) for the 10+ years as the primary administrator and Architect.  As a company, we have been working with AEP/RTCDP for the last year.  Looking forward to further enhancing my skills and learning more around the product.

Level 1

Hello Team. My name is Naveen Patel and I am based out of Chicago. I have been working on Adobe products for more than a decade now and currently working on AEP/AJO/CJA toolset. Looking forward to connect with you all and learn from everyone experience. 

Level 1

Hi All & @Bryan-Rekrut 

My name is Anjali Khera, working as Senior Multi Solution Architect at Perficient.

I am BP certified  for RTCDP and looking forward to learn more from each one of you here.

Employee

Hi Everyone,

I have created an initial quiz to take as part of this program.

RTCDP MP24 Weekly Quiz | Week 1

1) Please let me know if you are able to access this form

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Wht7-jR7h0OUrtLBeN7O4Vct19xMORFIr_wUVkcQzLJUQk84...

Level 5

Hi @brekrut  I was also able to access and complete the form

Level 1

Works perfectly, thanks for posting first quiz.

Employee

Yes, able to access it. I have submitted the form.

Employee

Thank you all for participating in the first exam of the program.  We will be concentrating on specific areas each week of the program.  This week I thought it was best to start with data ingestion.

As for the quiz material here is my feedback on the questions.

2) How can schema be created within AEP

- Schema can be created from the UI or from using the API.  The operations create, read, update, or delete can be performed using the following path https://platform.adobe.io/data/foundation/schemaregistry/{CONTAINER_ID}/schemas 

*The {container_id} portion of the URL will either contain the value global or tenant.  The value of global will be to obtain any Adobe related OOB schemas.  The value of tenant will be use for any objects which have been created as a consumer/customer.

3) Namespace clarification-  What are some out of the box namespaces within Adobe Experience Platform

The out of the box namespaces are ECID, Email, TNTID, WindowsAID.  A partnerID and ProductCatalogId are custom and not part of the initial AEP sandbox deployment.  

4) Can you please provide the services which are used when data is ingested into the Adobe Experience Platform when a dataSet is marked for profile.  

Please refer to the reference diagram

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/blueprints-learn/architecture/architecture-overview/platf...

When data is ingested into AEP depending upon the method it will be processed by the identity service and then the unified profile store.  The data which is marked for profile is persisted within the unified profile store and written into the datalake.  Batch data will first write to the data lake followed by the unified profile store, while stream will write to the profile store then datalake.

4) Please provide the examples of two means to ingest data into the Adobe Experience Platform.

The two main methods to ingest data into the Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) are streaming or batch.  There are different variation of this being cloud storage, sftp, Azure datalake; but all will have data pulled into AEP at a specific time interval specified via the dataflow.  Streaming can be dataStreams, HTTP API, Kinesis, Kafka.  All of these option are pushing individual request into the AEP platform.

Please reach out if you have specific questions.  I will look to post the next week either by Friday or Monday AM of next week.  The next week area which we will be looking into is data flows. 

Level 2

@brekrut Question no. 3 was little confusing. I thought it is asking about the API services used for Data ingestion.

Employee

apologize for the confusion of the question.  The question was intended to highlight schema can be created from the API or from the UI.