Expand my Community achievements bar.

Find your best audience, no third party cookies required – that’s where Adobe Real-Time CDP Collaboration (coming soon) comes in

Ingestion of Non-Personal Retail Product Data into Adobe RTCDP

Level 2

Hello Adobe Community,

I'm exploring methods for integrating non-personally identifiable retail product data into Adobe Real-Time Customer Data Platform (RTCDP) and would appreciate your guidance. Specifically, the data I'm looking to ingest includes:

- Product SKU ID
- Product Category
- Item Price

This information originates from a third-party data source. My questions are as follows:

1. Is the Catalog Service the appropriate tool within RTCDP to capture this type of product metadata?
2. What are the best practices for tracking and managing updates to this data within RTCDP?

Thank you in advance for your insights and assistance.

Best regards,
D

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @dwade4ever 

Catalog service holds all the metadata for all your objects within RT-CDP. So it would essentially hold your product metadata too. You would need to use a non-person schema + dataset to hold the product metadata related information. 

This data would be then tied to a person’s behavioral data using schema relationship. You can read about schema relationships here : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/xdm/tutorials/relationship-ui.html?lang=...

Have a look at the above documentation and reach out if you have any further queries.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hello Abhinav,

Thank you for sharing the info, let me take a look now reach out if there are any questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

D

Community Advisor

Hi @dwade4ever ,

You can use lookup schemas for this scenario with non people identifier as primary key. 

Level 2

Hi

I have implemented something very similar to this. I created a schema using the Product Class, loaded the data as per usual.

For the primary key I created a non person identifier, then used this table as a lookup relationship from the event schema i had created (Product Sales)

worth noting though, if you implement lookup schemas, then the referencing schema cannot be used in Edge or Streaming segmentation, it defaults to Batch