Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Deleting profiles permanently

Level 6

Hi there,

We do a full upload of profiles into AEP daily. Recently we modified our profile logic in our CRM, refactored our schema & datasets, and started pushing the new batches. As a result of the refactoring, there are many unwanted profiles from before that we want to completely remove. What are some of the ways to completely delete those profiles (We are talking about millions, so it would be hard to manually delete them one by one)?

This is what I have learned so far, hoping if someone can confirm if these are true:

1) During the refactoring, I disabled the old dataset from "Enabled for profile", then deleted the dataset hoping it would remove the profiles - it actually doesn't. Apparently the dataset needs to be deleted when in "Enabled for Profile" state, it is only then the profiles in the profiles will be deleted <--is this true?

2) The only way to delete the profiles associated with the old dataset is to delete the old dataset entirely, and recreate

3) Deleting old batches won't delete the profiles associated, need to delete the dataset entirely to completely remove the profiles

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
2 Replies

Correct answer by

Employee Advisor

@akwankl in addition to what @Rudi-Shumpert provided, please note there is also this new Data Hygiene feature just released in Beta called Record Delete (see additional info at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-lifecycle/ui/record-delete.html?lan...)

Note however this is only limited release at the moment