Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

dpm.demdex.net Request Error

Level 1

Hi,

We are implementing Adobe DTM on our website. But there are always network errors on browser's console about dpm.demdex.net.

-      Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

-      GET https://dpm.demdex.net/id?... net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

We know that dpm.demdex.net requests are being made for the purpose of getting cookies named AMCV and demdex, and AMCV cookie contains Adobe Marketing Cloud Visitor ID.

When we debug SatelliteLib.js, we see that AMCV cookie has already been set before dpm.demdex.net request has been made. I guess the reason is that getMarketingCloudVisitorID function is being called before the function which makes dpm.demdex.net request.

_.getMarketingCloudVisitorID()

_.getAudienceManagerLocationHint()

Inside of getAudienceManagerLocationHint function we get the error. Consequently AMCV cookie is being set but there is no demdex cookie.

If we are able to get Marketing Cloud Visitor ID before dpm.demdex.net request, what is the reason for making this request?

In addition to that, when we look at another websites which use Adobe Analytics we noticed that they have the same error.

What is the reason for these errors? Could you please clarify this situation?

Kind regards,

Çağrı

CM EDIT: Removed disclamer and personal information.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

I do not get that error on either of those sites either... unless I turn on my ad blocker extension (I use uBlock Origin), in which case, I do get that error.  My money is still on you having an ad blocker or other browser extension, or antivirus/malware/adware software, or even some network/firewall policy that's configured to block requests to that domain.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

HI Çağrı,

Do you have a URL where we can view this error and test your implementation?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 9

Just out of curiosity, do you have an Adblocker extension on your browser? If so, can you try disabling it, see if this still happens?

Level 1

Hi,

@joshd7227840

I don't use an Adblocker extension on my browser. I even tried it on private window (without any extensions) but still got the errors.

Jantzen.Belliston

Since we are still in testing phase I cannot give you an URL that you can test our implementation. But you can try it on BBVA's and BestBuy's websites. They have the same errors.

When I try it on IE11 it shows the type of the error as SEC7118. You can find more information about errors here and find it's explanations.

Can we implement DTM without this request? Can we remove it easily? Actually we haven't seen any problem about our variables and functionality of rules so far. And we don't want to send our customer visitor IDs to cloud. That's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance,

Çağrı

Level 10

I'm not seeing any "connection closed" error on either of the sites you mentioned. I'm using Chrome 62.0.3202.94 on a Mac. Does it only happen in IE 11?

Correct answer by
Level 9

I do not get that error on either of those sites either... unless I turn on my ad blocker extension (I use uBlock Origin), in which case, I do get that error.  My money is still on you having an ad blocker or other browser extension, or antivirus/malware/adware software, or even some network/firewall policy that's configured to block requests to that domain.