Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Multiple Target Activity campaigns on the same page

Level 2

Hi there. I found a couple of similar questions from 2-3 years back. But I think my question is a little different. 

We are looking to accommodate Target Activities of different initiatives and structure within the same page. For example, 1) banner section is changed based on previous page content of user

2) primary content section below is swapped according to target audiences (audience A gets personalised content for A, audience B sees different content for that same section in the page) 
3) A/B test may be running on content UI elsewhere for optimisation 

The 3 tests would have different time frame, owner of activity, and use separate Target Activities. What is the best practice for managing this sort of business practice? Use separate mbox'es for different initiatives and run on the same page? Or they would work just fine so long as they do not try to modify the same HTML block on the page? 

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @YT_Tsutsui 

I guess there is no need of firing different mboxes for different activities.

All these activities won't collide unless and until two or more experiences are trying to edit the same element on-page.

and if that is happening you need to provide priority to each activity to avoid collisions.

Thanks,

Gauresh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @YT_Tsutsui 

I guess there is no need of firing different mboxes for different activities.

All these activities won't collide unless and until two or more experiences are trying to edit the same element on-page.

and if that is happening you need to provide priority to each activity to avoid collisions.

Thanks,

Gauresh

Level 2

Thanks @Gaureshk_Kodag !

Would I be right to assume, in the scenarios above (banner, page content, and another section within the same page each having its own Target Activity scope), do they need to be on the same priority level (same page, same priority level) in order for all of them to kick in? 
What happens if it is difficult to keep priority level across multiple experiences on the same page? e.g. emergency contact link as multi-page overlay at priority 999 (assuming it uses a separate element on page structure from any of the mentioned campaigns and initiatives)? Would that stop other activities on the same page? 
I am asking about order of decision execution for Adobe Target - I understand Target checks location (page) etc. and loads all the qualified Activities on the page, then use priority to decide which one to show. Now, where does this different page element come in? 

Thanks again for any comments!

Level 2

Using target-global-mbox, you can serve multiple activities. It's better to create the three activities in VEC and load target-global-mbox using Adobe Launch.