Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mbox Trace: bot

Level 1

Hi everyone,

when using mbox trace today I detected the property "bot" which returned the value true.

Does anyone know what it means and why it is appearing? 

Thanks, Miriam

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I recall correctly, I think Adobe uses something like DeviceAtlas to run bot detection based on user agent string. Are you calling Adobe from a standard browser? Or trying to call in a headless/postman fashion?

For what it's worth, if Adobe Target thinks you are a bot, there are a variety of features that you will miss out on. Profile updates, reporting, potential audience qualification issues, etc. It would be worth resolving by setting the user agent to a known value.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I recall correctly, I think Adobe uses something like DeviceAtlas to run bot detection based on user agent string. Are you calling Adobe from a standard browser? Or trying to call in a headless/postman fashion?

For what it's worth, if Adobe Target thinks you are a bot, there are a variety of features that you will miss out on. Profile updates, reporting, potential audience qualification issues, etc. It would be worth resolving by setting the user agent to a known value.

Level 1

Hi Eric,

thanks for your answer. I was using Chrome Incognito Tab when I was classified as a bot.

I was not aware that some bot detection is integrated out-of-the-box but it does makes total sense, especially for reporting and to achieve a clean audience split (without having bot traffic in one experience and not having it in the other one.

I found some information which verifies your feedback here in the section "Bots":

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/introduction/how-target-works.html?lang=en