Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Is Adobe Audience Manager (AAM) needed in order to Publish an Adobe Analytics (AA) segment to Adobe Target (AT)?

Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to remember/find documentation to confirm whether Adobe Audience Manager (AAM) is required in order to Publish an Adobe Analytics (AA) segment to Adobe Target (AT)? Can someone confirm? 

If AAM is needed, what exactly needs to be configured/turned on in AAM in order for AA audiences to flow through to Target?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

You do not necessarily need Adobe Audience Manager (AAM) to publish an Adobe Analytics (AA) segment to Adobe Target (AT)Publishing an Adobe Analytics segment to the Experience Cloud lets you use the segment for marketing activity in Audience Manager and other activation channels, including Adobe’s Advertising Cloud, Target, and Campaign.

Reference:: 

1. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/seg-...
  2. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-20675.html?lang=en

Level 4

Thanks for the response. I've completed all of the prerequisites as listed below, however, I'm still not seeing my segments/audiences in Target. The only thing I can think is that the ECID extension is only in pre-prod at this time, not yet in prod. But I'm doing all my testing on a pre-prod domain and report suite so the ECID is on those pages. Does the ECID still need to be published to prod in order for this connection to work?

Anything else I should check/troubleshoot on this?

ben_mrm_0-1709043731567.png

Administrator

@ben_mrm Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni