Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How to create audiences based on AEM users/usergroups?

Level 6

Is it possible to create a target audience which would contain certain users/usergroups from AEM. I'm creating two user groups in AEM namely beta1 and beta2 and adding the user test1 to beta1 and test2 to beta2. When testX logs in to the website we need to check if this user belongs to beta1 or beta2. And if the user belongs to beta1 should show experience1 one and similarly for beta2.

Is it possible we can have these individual users who are identified by their usernames created as an audience in target?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

As per understanding, stated problem statement need some customization on audience where you can create audiences in target based on groups that you created in AEM and align experiences accordingly in the target activity. When user logged into the site, on that time while sending request to target via mbox or at, you can pass profile data[1] as parameter. So Target can pull requested data and based on that serve the experiences. 

[1]:https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/before-implement/methods/singl...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

Hello @Gokul_Agiwal Creating a target audience from AEM allows only to define audience bases on Geo, OS, Site etc. Even there is custom and visitor profile attributes. But how the AEM users can be defined as an audience? When I checked contexthub I have this attribute profile/displayName and target audience based on their usernames. The issue here would the contexthub resides in AEM and only target audiences created in AEM gets synced to Adobe Target. 

In the case of contexthub profile/displayName as well, is there an OOTB mechanism to check if the user belongs to a specified group, considering there might be a possibility to sync contexthub audiences with Target, which I'm afraid not possible?

Community Advisor

Hi - Understood, I've checked but there is no direct option gives you to create audience based on user / user-groups so just to ask the POC you're trying out is this for your customer or for internal user? 

Correct answer by
Employee

As per understanding, stated problem statement need some customization on audience where you can create audiences in target based on groups that you created in AEM and align experiences accordingly in the target activity. When user logged into the site, on that time while sending request to target via mbox or at, you can pass profile data[1] as parameter. So Target can pull requested data and based on that serve the experiences. 

[1]:https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/before-implement/methods/singl...