Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Adobe recommendation

Level 2

Hello experts,

I am planning to use recommendations for a knowledge portal which has educational resource pages, all the examples or tutorials I saw for recommendations are mostly for retail use-cases, is there a way I can configure for content recommendations instead of product? I was thinking of adding feed with content metadata instead of sku’s and product attributes. Will that work?

appreciate if I get any guidance on how to configure feed for content recommendations. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @coolclassic , 

Yes you can use recommendations for content - articles, media etc. as well. All you have to do is pass the relevant metadata of the content instead of the products and the id of the content in the "entity.id" field. Use the same nomenclature for the mandatory field headers in the feed though (the first 8 or 10 columns in the feed csv template), leave some of them blank if need be. Use the custom attributes to pass any other meta data of the content. All other requirements of Recommendations implementation remain as is.

All the best!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @coolclassic , 

Yes you can use recommendations for content - articles, media etc. as well. All you have to do is pass the relevant metadata of the content instead of the products and the id of the content in the "entity.id" field. Use the same nomenclature for the mandatory field headers in the feed though (the first 8 or 10 columns in the feed csv template), leave some of them blank if need be. Use the custom attributes to pass any other meta data of the content. All other requirements of Recommendations implementation remain as is.

All the best!

Level 2

Each item type (ex. article or product) have their own feed and entity.id position.

For example, feed A for "Article" item type with pre-fix like "article-12345" in entity.id field.

And another feed B for "Product" item type with pre-fix like "prod-12345" in the entity.id field.

That means there is no duplicated identity data in entity field. Then when you can create a Criteria, you can use "Filter" setting to limit learning scope for "article" or "product".

That's what I know the product logic and practice.