Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 12/8/21, 8am PT: Robert Calangiu, Senior Product Manager for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for the next monthly Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, December 8th, 2021 @ 8am PT

Be sure to MARK YOUR CALENDARS with a link to this thread

We'll be joined by Robert Calangiu, aka @Robert_Calangiu,  Senior Product Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

• Target Setup and Admin UI
  • A4T Integration
  • AEM Integration
  • General Adobe Target UI 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @Robert_Calangiu
  • When exchanging messages with Robert about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Robert

**For those who have joined an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break before: please note that we are no longer using formal registration pages for these events - just be sure to Mark Your Calendars to sign in here to the Community on 12/8/21 @ 8am PT, and hop onto this thread for direct answers from Robert

robertcalangiu.png

Robert Calangiu is a Senior Product Manager responsible for evolving Adobe Target's UI.  He was in charge with redesigning the Admin UI and now he is focusing on improving the Activity UI as well as with enhancing the A4T integration. Previously, Robert worked as a product manager for Adobe’s TV Everywhere portfolio, leading Authentication & Fraud Management solutions. He is passionate about building customer centric products and helping customers solve the right problems.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out our past 2020 Adobe Target Coffee Breaks, covering a WIDE variety of Adobe Target topics, and our latest thread from our 9/8/21 Adobe Target Coffee Break with @vishalchordia  

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

52 Replies

Zach - have you considered Monitoring Activities?  Basically an Activity targeted to your Audience with Default Content?  This would give you visibility into these audiences...if you couple that with A4T and an XT Activity type, you can see in Analytics the shifts in Audience Participation.  

Level 4

@Robert_Calangiu Has Adobe considered very a basic versioning system built into the "Offers" area. While this doesn't happen often, I have accidentally overwritten the contents of one offer with another. Luckily, I maintain my own rough versioning system outside of Target and was easily able to rollback my mistake. But I'd love for the versioning system to be built into Target. Even something as basic as timestamped prior versions would be good enough. I don't need diff check or anything like that. 

Employee

Thanks so much for this feedback. In order to ensure that it is captured effectively, please feel free to share this as an "Idea" in the Community. You can do this by clicking here:  

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/adobe-target-ideas

Level 4

@Robert_Calangiu Has Adobe considered an automated change log for activities? I maintain my own change log in the activity notes, but for changes to audiences, experiences, offers, split percentage, goals, etc., I'd love if Adobe maintained an automated log of activity changes with basic descriptions. It would be great to have notes in that context as well, similar to how we have notes per entity in Adobe Experience Platform Data Collection Tags (formerly Adobe Launch). 

Employee

This is something that we consider and it's on our list of to do things. Improved change log is something that multiple customers have requested.

Level 2

@Robert_Calangiu I'm working to debug some unstitched hits in some of our flows. Using the Experience Platform debugger, it appears my Target hits are matching SDID's to previous Analytics hits, with Analytics hits further into the flow not having an SDID set. I'm also seeing repeated SDID's in subsequent Target hits. Do you have any advice on next steps to identifying the root cause of this? 

Employee

Hi @DillanGump ,

You might want to check this troubleshooting guide to see if it helps: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/a4t/troubleshoot-a4t/a4t-troubleshoot...

If there is no supplemental data ID in the Target call, confirm that the VisitorAPI.js file is loaded before at.js. If there is no supplemental data ID in the Analytics call, confirm that the Target call fires before the Analytics call.

Level 2

Thank you for the link.

Are there any special considerations for debugging Target on Single Page Applications?

My Target calls appear to be firing before my Analytics call, but the Analytics call is starting before the Target call finishes. Is that expected/correct behavior?

Employee

This is the link for the SPA documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

I think that if the Analytics call is starting before Target call finishes might generate the problem you're seeing.

Employee

Thank you everyone for joining today's Coffee Break, it was great to be able to answer your questions! 

Please mark your calendars to join us on January 19th for our next Target Coffee Break and first Target Coffee Break of the new year 

Happy Holidays!