Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Adobe Target - Confidence - 99% - Clarification

Level 4

Hi Experts,

Newbie here in Target :-).

We have setup a A/B campaign.

The experience seems to work. Nevertheless, there is one curious number, the confident rate one. After a day we got over 99% of confidence while the traffic on this website is not high enough to generate this kind of confident rate after a day. (refer attached screenshot)

I've gone through Adobe Target documentation but I'm not able to follow the concepts.

Adobe Link - Average Lift, Lift Bounds, and Confidence Interval

Please help.

Thanks,

PV

Adobe Target - Confidence.PNG

4 Replies

Level 10

Regardless of what Confidence Level is after a day, consider to continue the test for at least a full week.

I wonder why the Orders metric indicates 0.12 and 0.05 (I would expect these numbers percent-formatted)? Does 1504 stand for the total number of orders?

Can you share the full screenshot?

Level 10

Thanks for sharing. Now it's clear that 0.13 and 0.05 are 13% and 5% conversion rates. Pay attention to the date range, it indicates a month not a day mentioned in the initial question.

Employee

prathiv23​ Also when running A/B tests and reading confidence values there are some things you should keep in mind. Always use sample size calculator to determine how long you should run the test before looking at the data. Here are some resources that should be helpful.

Nine common A/B testing pitfalls and how to avoid them

How long should you run an A/B test?