Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

XDM Field Groups for "Media Interaction Details" not consistent in documentaiton

Level 5

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/data-collection/adobe-analytics/aut...

This documentation refers to the automatically mapped AA variables. In this documentation, it is mentioned that for 25%, 50% milestones, the platform uses "media.mediaTimed.firstQuartiles.value" and "media.mediaTimed.midpoints.value". But in the Platform UI, under "Media Interaction Details", these values are found as "media.mediaTimed.progress25.value" and "media.mediaTimed.progress50.value".

Due to this, in the AA reports, these events are failing to be mapped automatically.

In the schema example documentation, the "firstQuartiles.value/midpoints.value" is used. But in the schema UI this is not to be found.

https://github.com/adobe/xdm/blob/master/components/fieldgroups/experience-event/experienceevent-med...

If we use the "Media Interaction Details" or the "Adobe Analytics ExperienceEvent Template", the progress marker XDM variables are different. Is this a platform bug that needs to be corrected for automatic mapping of AA events or whether it needs to be corrected at the schema UI level?

cc: @dwright @yuhuisg 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@pradeep_nextrow , I see your point about the fields in the docs not aligning with the fields in the media object. Here is my advice:

1. If this is just a docs question, a good way to report it is to use the "Log an issue" icon in the right sidebar of the page to open a github issue which will go right to the docs team.
  2. If data is not landing in your account as per the docs, please open a support ticket so customer care and triage this with engineering and fix it.

That being said, I notified a few people as well. Thanks for reporting this!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@pradeep_nextrow , I see your point about the fields in the docs not aligning with the fields in the media object. Here is my advice:

1. If this is just a docs question, a good way to report it is to use the "Log an issue" icon in the right sidebar of the page to open a github issue which will go right to the docs team.
  2. If data is not landing in your account as per the docs, please open a support ticket so customer care and triage this with engineering and fix it.

That being said, I notified a few people as well. Thanks for reporting this!