Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to reset the ID Graph for deleted batches. Or trigger a recalculation.

Level 3

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to recalculate or reset the ID graph? Either for certain batches or as a whole? When I delete the dataset, the edges in the ID graph are persistent. How can I remove these edges in the graph coming from deleted datasets or batches? Can I somehow trigger a recalculation of the ID Graph?

Best

Benedikt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@benedikt-buchert , deleting the Dataset will delete the data in Data Lake and Profile. The ID graph will remain, you can try to open a customer care ticket to clear the whole ID graph.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@benedikt-buchert , deleting the Dataset will delete the data in Data Lake and Profile. The ID graph will remain, you can try to open a customer care ticket to clear the whole ID graph.

Level 3

Customer support was able to help here. They need to know the involved data set though, though it is kind of hard to find out if it is already deleted. So before you delete a dataset it is better to note down its ID.

Employee Advisor

@benedikt-buchert thanks for the update, that's a good tip. Bad graphs most often happen due to incorrect data or issues with data ingestion. There is some detective work involved to find the Dataset(s) causing the merges.
The following may help:

• Query one of the known IDs that are causing issues using Identity Graph Viewer
  • Grouping ID in relation to other IDs by count. This could be done on raw data pre-ingestion or in Query Service. This usually uncovers the issue.