Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Code and Configuration release from Dev to Prod - AEP

Level 1

Hi guys,

I am new to AEP/RT-CDP and my organization is implementing RT-CDP for the first time. The question I have is what is the release process from building something in the dev sandbox and then releasing it to production? Do I need to manually export XDM Schemas, Source and Destination configurations (if possible) etc, and import it into production default instance?

The requirement from our release team is to have at least 2 non-prod environments, build stuff on dev, test it on second instance and then release it to production. I couldn't find any documentation that shows how to do this.

Any help will be highly appreciated

thanks,

Adeel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear aydeel,

You can copy Schemas between two environments i.e. Sandboxes. Here are the links: Link 1 (Using API) and Link 2 (Using UI). There are few limitations and you can take a note on it.

Not pretty sure on the Sources and Destination configurations. Hope they have to be recreated but confirm once with the Customer Care if possible.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear aydeel,

You can copy Schemas between two environments i.e. Sandboxes. Here are the links: Link 1 (Using API) and Link 2 (Using UI). There are few limitations and you can take a note on it.

Not pretty sure on the Sources and Destination configurations. Hope they have to be recreated but confirm once with the Customer Care if possible.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 1

Hi,

Best is to use APIs to create all schemas, datasets and dataflows. That way, you can easily recreate them on multiple instances without much effort.