Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Announcement + Query thread] Product Call with Senior PM Abhishek Shukla

Administrator

Hello Community Advisors/Advocates,

Thanks for joining the product call with Senior PM Abhishek where he walked us through framework to enable frictionless and quick ingestion of data in any format from any data source.

This is a contextual thread to post your queries which will be answered by internal AEP experts. 

Cheers 

Nimasha

17 Replies

Level 4

One of the feature we greatly miss while ingesting data into AEP is decrypting it on the fly. Data prep allows to hash data but there is no way to decrypt it. Any thoughts on this ?  

Level 4

While ingesting data specially from source like snowflake what I spotted is it doesnt list the schema details of snowflake to which table belongs to. We've been into a situation where table having same name under different schema was tough to distinguish. Its good to have path details of source tables.  

Level 4

I'm not sure on practicality but I'm curious to know if we can have a connector without Auth spec?  Just thinking of a source which has some industry test data and connector is open to anyone who want to bring that test data into AEP and try some hands on ? 

Level 4

Which is that place where I can define an icon for my connector ? 

Level 4

How is self source connector framework different than building your own extension in adobe launch/data collection in terms of publishing process specially ? Is it more or less similar ? 

Community Advisor

Hello @NimashaJain 

Sorry, I couldn't make it yesterday. Could you please share the recording?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Hi @NimashaJain ,

Could you please share session recording. Thanks. 

Community Advisor

What are the industry ways of data validation/quality check for data ingested in AEP ? What are the common practices followed by AEP customers for this? 

Community Advisor

In order to use offers in AJO messages, How can we ingest offer and its meta data in AEP from an external(non Adobe) offer management system ? Please share a real world scenario ? 

Level 4

Hi @Sneha-Parmar ,
I would like hear from Adobe experts as well but here is something that I had personally built externally to create offers in AEP ODS.

ODS offers apis for you to define your offer and its components. I had worked on a requirement where I had to build bulk offers & rules. Hence I had created a csv file of offers metadata and via script we looped in through each csv record and called up create offer api.  Parametrized function for offer was like

createOffers(i,offerName,ruleId,placementId,offerStartDate,offerEndDate,priority,tag,status)

You can build such external utilities backed by a great UI too and create offers with its characteristics. Pasting a snapshot of  the same. From external offer management system if you're able to extract/create a such csv file I think its achievable. Eventually its just a matter of supplying required data to AEP ODS from external offer management system. Hope this gives you context. 

AtulChavan_0-1658394692722.png

Community Advisor

Thanks @AtulChavan . Useful solution, however I am more looking around ways to use external offer management and decision platform in AJO rather using AEP ODS.

Community Advisor

Hi @NimashaJain ,

Could you please share recording/link of this session. 

Community Advisor

@NimashaJain could you please share the recording?

Thank you!