Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking code set up by using WEB SDK or Adobe Launch Server

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

Any suggestion how to define different tracking code from different Sources (web portal)in inbound by using web sdk or Adobe Launch Server?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Sorry, @Luca_Lattarini . I missed your follow-up question. Yes, the same approach can be used for GA as well. In GA, all the google related campaigns are reported automatically (using the utm parameters). But not the other campaigns (example FB or other social). Best solution would be, you can define the campaign parameters for all the sources and implement in your landing pages. In web SDK, you can capture this marketing tracking code in the "marketing.trackingCode" variable. In GA you can capture in a custom variable. This should enable you to see the traffic composition for all scenarios.

One quick best practice is to tag only the paid campaigns using this approach. To track organic sources, in Adobe you have to use marketing channel processing rules which gives a holistic traffic composition. Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

@Luca_Lattarini Are you talking about the campaign tracking codes? (used to be captured in s.campaign variable in AA). If yes, then this is tracked OOTB using Web SDK. Just capture your campaign tracking code (from query strings) and set it as "marketing.trackingCode" XDM variable in your Web SDK calls (using Adobe Launch Rule and Data Element) and you are done. You need to add the right mixin (Field Group) - "Campaign Marketing Details" to your XDM web events schema for using it in AEP (for AA it is auto-mapped to Tracking Code report). Let me know if you meant otherwise.

Community Advisor

Hello pradeep_nextrow,

Basically, my client has different web sites and we need to know the traffic make-up of each site. Those web sites have GA or Web SDK (alloy.js).

The good approach that you mentioned is it ONLY for web sites under Web SDK (alloy.js) or we can use for web site under GA as well?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 5

Sorry, @Luca_Lattarini . I missed your follow-up question. Yes, the same approach can be used for GA as well. In GA, all the google related campaigns are reported automatically (using the utm parameters). But not the other campaigns (example FB or other social). Best solution would be, you can define the campaign parameters for all the sources and implement in your landing pages. In web SDK, you can capture this marketing tracking code in the "marketing.trackingCode" variable. In GA you can capture in a custom variable. This should enable you to see the traffic composition for all scenarios.

One quick best practice is to tag only the paid campaigns using this approach. To track organic sources, in Adobe you have to use marketing channel processing rules which gives a holistic traffic composition. Hope it helps!