Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Scroll Depth Tracking

Level 2

I am trying to track percent page viewed on all pages using Adobe Launch. I am new to Adobe so could any one help me on how we have to implement this using Launch.Please help me with the steps on how to achieve this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Srjith,

First, Update Your AppMeasurement (Javascript) Code to v1.6 (or higher) then

1. Log in to Adobe Analytics and navigate to Analytics > [Admin > Report Suites > # > Edit Settings > Activity Map] > Activity Map Reporting .
  2. Activity Map collects the link data in Activity Map reports. For the activation to happen, you must first activate the variables by clicking Enable Activity Map Reports.This step adds all the Analytics dimensions that you need to collect data.
  3. After about an hour, check the Activity Map Page report, which shows all the pages where users clicked on a link.

1812156_pastedImage_0.png

1812157_pastedImage_1.png

1812191_pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Level 2

Hi Kumararajak,

How do I enable activity map for all link clicks on all webpages. I am using adobe launch for the implementation.

please let me know the steps on tracking the link clicks using this feature

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Srjith,

First, Update Your AppMeasurement (Javascript) Code to v1.6 (or higher) then

1. Log in to Adobe Analytics and navigate to Analytics > [Admin > Report Suites > # > Edit Settings > Activity Map] > Activity Map Reporting .
  2. Activity Map collects the link data in Activity Map reports. For the activation to happen, you must first activate the variables by clicking Enable Activity Map Reports.This step adds all the Analytics dimensions that you need to collect data.
  3. After about an hour, check the Activity Map Page report, which shows all the pages where users clicked on a link.

1812156_pastedImage_0.png

1812157_pastedImage_1.png

1812191_pastedImage_2.png

Level 2

Hi Kumararajak,

First of all thanks for helping me with all the doubts which i had.Need some help with Adobe launch with the new/repeat visitor tracking. Can you help me on how do we create a custom script in Adobe launch extension to pull this information in to an eVar in Global variables. If you can provide the script which stores this information in an eVar would be excellent. I am just the beginner hence if I am missing something please excuse.

Thanks

Srijith

Level 1

Hi Kumarararajak,

Could you please advise on my implementation?  It worked for a while but it stopped working.  I checked the s_ppv cookie is not getting generated.  My Adobe Analytics extension in launch is current v1.7.8 with AppMeasurement 2.17.0 . I have pasted the below coding in the custom code within the Adobe Analytics extension.

s.usePlugins=true

s.doPlugins=function(s) {

/* Add calls to plugins here */

if(s.pageName) s.getPercentPageViewed();

if(s._ppvPreviousPage)

{

s.prop7 = s._ppvPreviousPage;

s.prop10 = s._ppvHighestPercentViewed;

s.prop12 = s._ppvInitialPercentViewed; 

}

}

/******************************************* BEGIN CODE TO DEPLOY *******************************************/

/* Adobe Consulting Plugin: getPercentPageViewed v3.01 w/handlePPVevents helper function (Requires AppMeasurement and p_fo plugin) */

s.getPercentPageViewed=function(pid,ch){var s=this,a=s.c_r("s_ppv");a=-1<a.indexOf(",")?a.split(","):[];a[0]=s.unescape(a[0]);

pid=pid?pid:s.pageName?s.pageName:document.location.href;s.ppvChange=ch?ch:!0;if("undefine d"===typeof s.linkType||"o"!==

s.linkType)s.ppvID&&s.ppvID===pid||(s.ppvID=pid,s.c_w("s_ppv",""),s.handlePPVevents()),s.p _fo("s_gppvLoad")&&window

.addEventListener&&(window.addEventListener("load",s.handlePPVevents,!1),window.addEventLi stener("click",s.handlePPVevents, !1),window.addEventListener("scroll",s.handlePPVevents,!1),window.addEventListener("resiz e",s.handlePPVevents,!1)),s._ppvPreviousPage

=a[0]?a[0]:"",s._ppvHighestPercentViewed=a[1]?a[1]:"",s._ppvInitialPercentViewed=a[2]?a[2] :"",s._ppvHighestPixelsSeen=a[3]?a[3]:""};

/* Adobe Consulting Plugin: handlePPVevents helper function (for getPercentPageViewed v3.01 Plugin) */

s.handlePPVevents=function(){if("undefined"!==typeof s_c_il){for(var c=0,d=s_c_il.length;c<d;c++)if(s_c_il[c]&&s_c_il[c].getPercentPageViewed){var a=s_c_il[c];break}if(a&&a.ppvID){var f=Math.max(Math.max(document.body.scrollHeight,document.documentElement.scrollHeight),Mat h.max(document.body.offsetHeight,document.documentElement.offsetHeight),Math.max(document.

body.clientHeight,document.documentElement.clientHeight));c=(window.pageYOffset||window.do cument.documentElement.scrollTop||window.document.body.scrollTop)+(window.innerHeight||doc ument.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight);d=Math.min(Math.round

(c/f*100),100);var e="";!a.c_r("s_tp")||a.unescape(a.c_r("s_ppv").split(",")[0])!==a.ppvID||1==a.ppvChange&&

a.c_r("s_tp")&&f!= a.c_r("s_tp")?(a.c_w("s_tp",f),a.c_w("s_ppv","")):e=a.c_r("s_ppv");var b=e&&-1<e.indexOf(",")?e.split(",",4):[];f=0<b.length?b[0]:escape(a.ppvID);var g=1<b.length?parseInt(b[1]):d,h=2<b.length?parseInt(b[2]):d;b=3<b.length?parseInt(b[3]):c ;0<d&&(e=f+","+(d>g?d:g)+","+h+","+(c>b?c:b));a.c_w("s_ppv",e)}}};

/* Adobe Consulting Plugin: p_fo (pageFirstOnly) v2.0 (Requires AppMeasurement) */

s.p_fo=function(on){var s=this;s.__fo||(s.__fo={});if(s.__fo[on])return!1;s.__fo[on]={};return!0};

/******************************************** END CODE TO DEPLOY ********************************************/