Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch Integration

Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can we integrate Adobe Launch code on a third party site that we don't own?  Is Launch depended on Adobe Analytics?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Launch and Analytics are two separate products.

Launch is a tag manager for picking up on data on a site and sending it different places.

Analytics is just one possible place to send the data, and is a product for data analysis and visualization that also plays nice with other Adobe products.

As far as putting Launch on someone else's site, it is at the discretion of the site's webmaster(s) to allow their developers to put on tag managers/external scripts. Since it has the potential for incredible abuse, there's no way I would ever recommend letting a third party put a tag manager on a site. If this is a client you are working with, you may need to have very clear terms around how you plan on using Launch, what data is being collected/where it's going, any PII and privacy regulation compliance, and who else will have access to Launch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Launch and Analytics are two separate products.

Launch is a tag manager for picking up on data on a site and sending it different places.

Analytics is just one possible place to send the data, and is a product for data analysis and visualization that also plays nice with other Adobe products.

As far as putting Launch on someone else's site, it is at the discretion of the site's webmaster(s) to allow their developers to put on tag managers/external scripts. Since it has the potential for incredible abuse, there's no way I would ever recommend letting a third party put a tag manager on a site. If this is a client you are working with, you may need to have very clear terms around how you plan on using Launch, what data is being collected/where it's going, any PII and privacy regulation compliance, and who else will have access to Launch.

Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for your quick response @Jacob-DDdev.  I wanted to get clarity on whether launch was depended on analytics.  Thank you so much for clarifying that and yes, I do understand the data collection component of it.