Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

vanity and redirect Page properties remove

Level 2

Hi Team,

is there any performance issue if we do not remove unwanted page properties?

eg: In my prod environment nearly 20000 pages are there.

5000 vanity urls are configured and 5000 aem level redirects are configured

none of those are being used now, all vanity and aem level redirects are moved to dispatcher.

Thanks & Regards

Veera

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @veerareddyc1015 - Though it might not be a priority item, it is recommended to clean the properties and more so since they are vanity and redirect properties.

Since these are moved to dispatcher already and any future updates will be made there, you will end up having duplicate or different vanity/redirects at AEM Publish vs dispatcher which should be avoided.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

If they are not functional then not much impact ,but as a cleanup activity you can remove them so that there will be no issue during maintenance in long run.

Himanshu Jain

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @veerareddyc1015 - Though it might not be a priority item, it is recommended to clean the properties and more so since they are vanity and redirect properties.

Since these are moved to dispatcher already and any future updates will be made there, you will end up having duplicate or different vanity/redirects at AEM Publish vs dispatcher which should be avoided.

Community Advisor

Hi @veerareddyc1015 

Having unwanted page properties does not cause any performance issues, however per best SEO practice such properties should remove eventually if not used anymore, since Vanity URL's should have 301 redirects (which you already managed through dispatcher).

I can consider below point before keeping them 

• Maintenance of those properties is an administrative burden.
  • May increases the confusion & potential misunderstanding.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Santosh

Community Advisor

@veerareddyc1015  - This will not impact anything as such. Also as you already have set of rules at dispatcher level so it's recommended to not duplicate the same as vanity.

As mentioned by others you can take this as part of cleanup activity.