Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

UTF-8 characters returned from Search and Promote show garbled characters

kishore_polsani
Level 4
Level 4

When using Search and Promote integration with AEM, certain UTF-8 characters are returned in results (XML) as garbled characters. Text is visible correctly in Search and Promote data view report with proper UTF-8 encoding.

I have added the charset as UTF-8 in both custom presentation and transport templates. Any idea why the text in XML response is not having proper encoding.

 

TestPresentation.tmpl

<guided-content-type-header content="text/xml; charset=UTF-8" />
<guided-xml-decl charset="UTF-8">

 

TestTransport.tpl

<guided-content-type-header content="text/xml">
<guided-xml-decl charset="1">

 

1 Accepted Solution
Albin_Issac
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
3 Replies
Albin_Issac
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
kishore_polsani
Level 4
Level 4

Any other tags which I can add in transport template to get rid of this charset issue. I tried this snippet in transport template.

 

<guided-content-type-header content="text/xml;charset=UTF-8">
<guided-xml-decl charset="UTF-8">