No worries!

You're more than welcome.

Good questions!

- JK

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Greg,

Currently, only Solr 4 and 5 are supported for MSRP.

I do not know what are the plans.

BTW - I'm moving this to the AEM Communities topic so others might see it.

- JK

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Greg,

- JK

Level 5

Sorry again for wrong forum, thanks for the answer!

Level 5

JK Kendall wrote...

Hi Greg,

- JK

Just to be clear, do you know if it's fully supported with the latest version of Solr 5 (v5.5.2)?

Level 5

JK Kendall wrote...

To be safe, stay with Solr 5.4.

- JK

Just for grins, I tried out Solr 5.5.2 and managed to get MSRP working with both the OOTB Community Components testing sitearea and the We.Retail sample community content:

• /content/community-components/en/comments.html
  • /content/we-retail/community/en/questions.html

Was able to query for new test UGC in both Solr admin panel as well as mongo shell!

> db.content.find({ author_username:'aparker@geometrixx.info' }).pretty() { "_id" : "b4ed87dc55526d8cf43caa44ca089e6faed6f307", "resource_type_s" : "social/commons/components/hbs/comments/comment", "base_type_s" : "social/commons/components/comments/comment", "verbatim_default" : "Test comment", "report_suite" : "mongo", "publishDate_dt" : NumberLong("1471555071883"), "cqdata" : { "referer" : "/content/community-components/en/comments.html", "ip" : "", "social:entity" : "/content/community-components/en/comments.html#8dyx_test_comment", "Referer" : "/content/community-components/en/comments.html", "userAgent" : "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36", "eventTopic" : "comment", "url" : "", "email" : "" }, "thread_id_s" : "/content/community-components/en/comments/jcr:content/content/includable/comments", "is_reply_b" : false, "authorizableId_t" : "aparker@geometrixx.info", "parent_id_s" : "/content/community-components/en/comments/jcr:content/content/includable/comments", "provider_id" : "/content/usergenerated/asi/mongo/content/community-components/en/comments/jcr:content/content/includable/comments/8dyx-test_comment", "id" : "/content/usergenerated/asi/mongo/content/community-components/en/comments/jcr:content/content/includable/comments/8dyx-test_comment", "approved_b" : true, "author_display_name" : "Alison Parker", "author_username" : "aparker@geometrixx.info", "timestamp" : NumberLong("1471555071869"), "sentiment" : 5 }

Successfully tested with AEM 6.2, MongoDB Community 3.2.8, and Solr 5.5.2

Level 9

Hi Greg,

Good to know!

Thank you!

- JK

Level 2

As this last answer is just over 3 years old, yet the official Adobe docs have not been updated since then, are any newer versions of Solr supported?  In trying to upgrade a lower environment server, I noted a number of deprecated plugins and analysis classes that were supposed to be phased out by Solr 6, so definitely don't work in Solr 8.2, but I don't see anywhere to download a more recent solrconfig.xml.

Any updates on this would be fabulous!