Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replacing Image in Assets Does Not Update Pages Using that Image Across Site

Level 1

I'm sure this was answered previously, but I cannot get passed all the techno babble. I am new to AEM, but 10+ years with Wordpress. If I wanted to replace an image in WP, I simply replaced the image in the image library. I assumed AEM would be similar, but am finding that is not nearly the case. I have a header image on hundreds of pages that needs to be changed. I tried simply replacing the graphic, but no dice. I did see a post saying I have to unpublish and republish the page...maybe? But that did not work and is not something I want to get into. Can someone spell out the deal exactly without getting into the freakin weeds? Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@dman2022 If in the case you are not able to see the replaced image in your author instance also. Can you validate your log file and check if there are any issues?

Ideally author will not cache the image until we have a dispatcher on top of the content in author. At any reason replaced image should load in author if not try to validate with OOTB image component.

And if it works then could be the issue with the component that you are using.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Are you using /content/dam or Cloud Service (Dynamic Media/ Dynamic Media Scene7 or any other cloud service) for loading image ? 

If replaced image is with the same name then mostly it might be caching issue either at dispatcher or if you are using cdn cache on top of dispatcher.

Level 1

Using /content/dam. No CDN. How do I clear cache, because I felt that may be the issue as well? I've come across some articles that are so convoluted in their explanation. In the WP world I'm used to not even thinking about it. Click and it's cleared.

Community Advisor

@dman2022 

Can you tell us if you are able to see the new image in author instance? or else are you facing the issue only in the publisher or dispatcher. 

Level 1

It does not seem to matter whether in author instance or published. They each do not show the replaced image.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@dman2022 If in the case you are not able to see the replaced image in your author instance also. Can you validate your log file and check if there are any issues?

Ideally author will not cache the image until we have a dispatcher on top of the content in author. At any reason replaced image should load in author if not try to validate with OOTB image component.

And if it works then could be the issue with the component that you are using.