Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Question about best practices in A/B Test

Level 2

Hello everyone.

Got one question about best practices in A/B Testing with AEM / Target.

For the moment we are running A/B test with target and the JS implementation in order to switch position / image or anything like this.

Now we would like to A/B Test our product page between the current V1 and the new V2 (totally different page - template / component are not even the same).

What is the best way to achieve this ?

Is there any way to add a specific sling selector via target so i will have :

V1 : /product-page.html

V2 : /product-page.version_2.html

So it will be processed server side and will deliver the good version of the template. Is target capable of redirecting user to v1 or v2 template ?

Or to "load" both HTML, one hidden at load, and target will hide / show good part of the page ? (what about the performance and blinking effect)...

Or any other idea ?

By the past i was using Akamai to split traffic and add a url parameter before hitting the origin...

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Firstly I have to say I have never seen the case where A/B test is to replace whole page. But coming back to your ask, you can achieve this in AEM 6.2 by:

1. Replacing All components in the page 1 by 1. You need to create separate activity for each component.

But for this both web page needs to have 1:1 component mapping.

2. Or better solution is to use Adobe Target for this. With Adobe Target you can specify HTML code that you want to replace a component with.

With AEM 6.2 OOTB, it is not directly possible.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

I have asked our team to look at this.

Administrator

I would recommend you to use Experience Fragment (Xf) for maintaining 2 versions and use targeting on them rather than doing between 2 urls (different pages). You can use XFs to create a fragment which is made up on multiple components.

Example :- Creating Personal Experiences using Experience Manager and Adobe Target

Loading both HTML is not a good great way as we are putting unnecessary load on the page and i have never heard a case on A/B test on two different existing pages.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hello !

Seems to be a good solution,

but unfortunately we did not migrate to AEM 6.3 and we are still at the 6.2SP1.

Any other option with this "legacy" version ?

Thanks a lot

Level 2

Hello,

In fact, if i want to do A/B Test split how it works for AEM version 6.2.

Thanks again

Correct answer by
Administrator

Firstly I have to say I have never seen the case where A/B test is to replace whole page. But coming back to your ask, you can achieve this in AEM 6.2 by:

1. Replacing All components in the page 1 by 1. You need to create separate activity for each component.

But for this both web page needs to have 1:1 component mapping.

2. Or better solution is to use Adobe Target for this. With Adobe Target you can specify HTML code that you want to replace a component with.

With AEM 6.2 OOTB, it is not directly possible.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks,

i will investigate in this way.

ps : In fact we are testing an old product page vs a brand new product page