Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Personalization capabilities for anonymous visitor in AEM

Level 5

Hi Team,

We are currently using AEM 6.2, I have queries regarding the personalization feature for the anonymous visitor on AEM website:-

1. Whether I can get to know past visitior behaviour before it lands on my site (example:- I have a ecommerce store XYZ which sells shoes, an anonymous user previously had visited amazon for the same and later comes on XYZ for more options)

2. Can we get to know anonymous user's interests.

3. While surfing the AEM Website for gadgets, visitor had shown more interest in mobile phones can we give him mobile recommendations on other product pages.

4. What all details are stored in context hub for an anonymous user in AEM.

Also, Please share the preffered documentation links for personalization in AEM for anonymous users.

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

For AEM - Adobe Target connection use DTM or Launch(new version of DTM) Adobe Experience Manager Help | Integrating Adobe Experience Manager with Adobe Analytics and Target...

To use Automated personalization:- AEM integration with Adobe Target: Delivering personalized experiences by Automated Personalization

To use Recommendation :- Marketing Cloud Help

You can use Adobe Analytics to share Audience segment to any Experience cloud (AEM or Target, and use them for targetting):- Audiences

For more details on using Adobe Target, I would recommend you using Adobe Target Forums:- Adobe Target

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can use Adobe Target or the AEM personalization features. A good starting point is Personalization

kind regards,

Jörg

Administrator

Hi

As mentioned by Joerg, you can use AEM personalization via ContextHub or Adobe Target for the same.

ContextHub :- Using the Adobe Experience Manager ContextHub to work with Personal Experiences

Adobe Target Via DTM:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Integrating Adobe Experience Manager with Adobe Analytics and Target... (In this way you can do AB testing, Automated personalization, recommendation and track the usages via watching the reports)

Point 1,2 and 3 i would recommend using Recommendation feature of Adobe Target.

-kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

Hi Joerg/Kautuk,

Thanks for your response, can point 1,2 and 3 be done with AEM Personalization feature alone?

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

Administrator

We do not have OOTB for these. But if your questions is can we implement without Adobe Target then answer to it is yes.

But you need to setup AEM-Adobe Analytics integrations to store user's behavioral data. And need to implement custom Store implementation in ContextHub to achieve this. Requires tons of coding to do so.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

Thanks Kautuk, Currently we don't have documentation on Adobe target+AEM which implements point 1 of question. can you please share the same.

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

Correct answer by
Administrator

For AEM - Adobe Target connection use DTM or Launch(new version of DTM) Adobe Experience Manager Help | Integrating Adobe Experience Manager with Adobe Analytics and Target...

To use Automated personalization:- AEM integration with Adobe Target: Delivering personalized experiences by Automated Personalization

To use Recommendation :- Marketing Cloud Help

You can use Adobe Analytics to share Audience segment to any Experience cloud (AEM or Target, and use them for targetting):- Audiences

For more details on using Adobe Target, I would recommend you using Adobe Target Forums:- Adobe Target

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni