Blueprint is nothing but the structural definition of your site. Blueprints allow you to control multiple live copies and centrally consistent rollout configs for the blueprint's live copies. A blueprint rollout will push modifications to all it's live copies. The default Blueprint Template assumes that the source web site has the following characteristics:
1. The web site has a root page.
2. The immediate child pages of the root are language branches of the web site. The Name of each page is a language code. When creating a Live Copy, the languages are presented as optional content to include in the copy.
3. Each language page contains one or more child pages. When creating a Live Copy, child pages are presented as a chapter that you can include in the copy.
Lets see how we can create a blueprint configuration:
1. Go to tools and then click Sites and select blueprint to open Blueprint Configurations console.
2. On blueprint configuration console click on Create.
3. Click on Blueprint template and click Next.
4. Select the source page to be used for blueprint and click on Next.
5. Enter the title and description for the blueprint and click on Create.
6. Your blueprint will be created based on your configurations and will be listed on Blueprint Configurations console.