Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to generate intelligent renditions with AEM as a Cloud Service | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

How to generate intelligent renditions with AEM as a Cloud Service by Cognifide Tech Blog Posts

Abstract

Image resizing or format conversion is a relatively easy task when doing renditions in AEM. Your project might require more robust approaches supported by intelligent image services. You might need to change images to greyscale, or intelligently crop the image around faces. In this article, I will show you that with AEM as a Cloud service a new Adobe offering, it's a relatively easy task to accomplish.
At the beginning of 2020, Adobe announced a cloud version of the Experience Manager. There are plenty of new things in the cloud version, but what I want to focus on in this post is the way assets are handled. Since early versions of AEM, asset rendition generation was done inside AEM workflows. It consumed a lot of time and system resources, especially when you have plenty of assets. In the cloud version of the AEM, it was rebuilt from scratch, and the asset binary processing is now happening outside AEM within the microservices which are part of the AEM as Cloud service offering.

TL;DR
If you'd like to see the outcome, here is a video showing custom renditions in action. You will see three new renditions generated:
1. The image is cropped to 300 x 300 px square around the recognized faces. If faces were not detected, then around the busy area.
2. The second one is similar, but additionally has applied an ellipse mask around the cropped area.
3. The last one is based on the same rules as the first one but also adds a text overlay.

Read Full Blog

How to generate intelligent renditions with AEM as a Cloud Service

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies