Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to drag and drop images from DAM in AEM6.0

Level 4

Hi ,

I have started working on AEM6.0. I am trying to drag and drop an image  from DAM using image component.

But I am unable to do that.[img]Capture.PNG[/img]. Could anyone help on this. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

We can't drag and drop an image from Asset Finder to "Image asset" field which is in the dialog. Only we can upload an image using this field. But, whenever we drag and drop OOTB "Image" component, You can see a placeholder for the image component with text "Image". Directly drag and drop an image into it. It will show the image :)

Thanks,

AryA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

We can't drag and drop an image from Asset Finder to "Image asset" field which is in the dialog. Only we can upload an image using this field. But, whenever we drag and drop OOTB "Image" component, You can see a placeholder for the image component with text "Image". Directly drag and drop an image into it. It will show the image :)

Thanks,

AryA.

Level 10

This is still one of the features the team is still working on. Use Classic View to perform this task.

Level 2

The drag & drop an image inside a dialog feature instead of directly into the component is crucial for things like carousels. 

To create a decent author experience, we now have to show the 4 slides (in a carousel for example) so the author can drag & drop the images into each slide, then once in preview mode or in the publish instance, we need to initiate the carousel jQuery library.

Is there an estimate on when this feature will be finished?