Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Drag & Drop Articles into Publications

Level 5

AFAIK you can only pass cq:page to the publications section given the right template.

What I'm trying to do is drag & drop .article files which are associated with InDesign into

the publications section.

Please advise how I configure this using crdxe or via templates.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Currently there is no OOTB support for .article/.folio files in the way you describe.

Where did you get those files? You could contribute those articles to the same folio outside of AEM if you'd like (articles in a folio coming from both AEM and InDesign).

Final article ordering in the mixed Folio case would be easiest to manage via a sidecar file or FolioProduer UI.

John

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Is your question around using AEM DPS?

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/media-publisher/mp-dps.html

Can you please provide more details on your use case. 

Level 5

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Is your question around using AEM DPS?

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/media-publisher/mp-dps.html

Can you please provide more details on your use case. 

The publications section of AEM which integrates with DPS is what I'm referring to. Question isn't directed to DPS however.

Currently if you drag and drop any asset under the folio (when created under publications) it won't upload since

its not of .folio extension. I want to add capability of dropping .article files.

How may I go through with this process if possible?

Thanks

Level 10

I have passed this question to the Eng member whom works on this part of the product. However - some of them are out til mon Dec 7. 

Level 5

No worries I will follow up after DEC 7th if there is no response.

Thanks Scott

Correct answer by
Level 4

Currently there is no OOTB support for .article/.folio files in the way you describe.

Where did you get those files? You could contribute those articles to the same folio outside of AEM if you'd like (articles in a folio coming from both AEM and InDesign).

Final article ordering in the mixed Folio case would be easiest to manage via a sidecar file or FolioProduer UI.

John

Level 5

JohnFait wrote...

John

The .article files are from InDesign CS6, now is it logically possible to add support to that function?

If so how would I go about on doing it?

Level 10

I asked John to take a look at this question. 

Level 4

Can you use FolioBuilder panel in InDesign to upload your articles to the folio?

In 6.2 DPS Classic Support is being deprecated in favour of DPS2015 support.

I don't believe enough of the infrastructure you'd need is exported/available to do it OOTB nor am i aware of someone having done it already.

AEM also integrates with InDesignServer. It may be possible to use InDesign Server to do the upload of the InDesign content.

John