Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

difference between AEM forms on JEE and AEM forms on OSGI

Level 2

I am new to AEM and cannot understand the difference.

What I've understood until now is that AEM forms is a package which is installed on an AEM instance. So AEM is the complete application and we are just installing more code (the AEM forms package) to get additional functionality of dealing with forms. I think this is what is called AEM Forms on OSGI.

But what about AEM forms on JEE? Is it a different package but this also has to be installed on an AEM instance or is it a complete application which can run on its own. While researching I also came across terms like LiveCycle , Jboss server needed for AEM Forms on JEE.

Also can anybody explain this picture ? I am guessing the forms workflow is AEM Forms on JEE which leads me to be believe that it is an application which can be run on its own (whether the enclosing application server like Jboss is always required I don't know) and AEM Author instance is not necessary here.topology_for_usinghtmlworkspaceandformsapp.png

Then what is the purpose of AEM Author in this diagram?

Also came across the following picture :

Untitled.png

This also shows that AEM forms on JEE is not a package but a complete application which does not need AEM author.

Can anybody please connect all this and give me the big picture . Where do all these components fit: the AEM author, the AEM forms OSGI, AEM forms on JEE. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @uroojkhan 

As it's related to AEM Forms, For better answers please post this question to AEM Forms community. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-forms/ct-p/adobe-experienc... 

Regards,

Nitesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @uroojkhan 

As it's related to AEM Forms, For better answers please post this question to AEM Forms community. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-forms/ct-p/adobe-experienc... 

Regards,

Nitesh