Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Deleted page from author

Level 5

Hi Friends,

Is there any possibility to deactivate the page in publisher once author delete the page in author environment.

Scenario:

Some author deleted the page directly from author without deactivating it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi sathya,

I would suggest to create a content package from the author instance and replicate it from the package manager.

So the content will be in sync on both publish and author.

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Level 5

Hi prakash,

Get a package from one of the publishers for the specific page and install it on author and deactivate

If you more publishers then the above thing will be helpful.

If not you can directly go and delete it on publish.

Level 5

Its really hard to find the pages which is in author not in publisher.. hence I need a suggestion to how to prevent it.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi sathya,

I would suggest to create a content package from the author instance and replicate it from the package manager.

So the content will be in sync on both publish and author.

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

Level 5

Yes ..you are ryt..but again its a tedious process...we are having more than 3500 pages on our website...

I need to prevent it in future..is there any possibility to deactivate the page from publisher if author delete the page in author.?? like workflow or curl command??

Level 4

You can also double check restore certain version of the tree or folder, for more information how is it works you can check : Working with Page Versions

One more thing, if you wanna prevent deletion or another actions, you should basic adjust the acl for specific group to basic remove permission for deletion certain path, folder, page or whatever do you consider. For more information, you can check: User Administration and Security . This kinds of set up should be basic implemented at the beginning of the project.

Level 5

Sorry ..I think you misunderstood our question...

Here my question is if author delete the page by mistakenly in author environment without deactivate it , how to remove the same in publisher environment

Level 4

You can resolve in different way:

1) Using workflows -  Create a custom workflow and use a launcher to trigger the workflow.(don't forget this option increase amount of thread(instance)

2) Using Sling Eventing - This is an eventing mechanism provided by sling which basically you are listing specific action and take action. I recommend this.

3) using Lower level JCR API's The same as previous.

Level 7

Hi sathya,

One more possibility is by checking the audit logs you will get the data of pages which are deleted.

Using that data you can delete it directly from the publish.

There are no curl commands available to delete a page.

To not to get into complex,you should not delete a page without deactivating in author from the next time.

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

Community Advisor

If author deletes the page then it gets deleted from publish as well. You should not see this page in publish. Make sure your hitting the publish url not dispatcher URL.

Community Advisor

You should restore the pages in using classic ui console.

check this: Recovering Deleted Pages - Content Management System - Simon Fraser University

and then see if it works you.

Level 4

Try below steps-

Create a new  page with same name and activate that page to publish instance.

Now deactivate the same page.

It will remove the page already created from publish server as well.

Level 5

No , I can see the difference...

If i run a query , in author the page count is 3000+  but publisher the page count is 4000+

Level 7

I think this one is the correct answer...

Level 4

No You are wrong, Before deactivating a page if user deletes a page it will be available in publish even it's not available in author.

You can try this scenario in your local environment.

Level 7

Take a look at http://aempodcast.com/2016/aem-resources/deactivate-delete/#.WYBFHRJ96Ax  . I tried it on 6.3.. It seems that the feature has been implemented and now if I delete a page from author it is removed from publish as well

Level 5

Oh great..but we are currently on aem 6.0 so I need to implement some alternate method to deactivate the page if author delete it from author instance...

Page event will it work??

Level 1

We used to experience this. Have you tried creating a blank page with the same URL and publishing it? Then, you should be able to deactivate it and delete it properly. We called them ghost pages.

Level 5

kellenr28685265​ Yeah.. but we are having more than 1000 pages on publisher server...