Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Creation of MSM ghost nodes

Level 3

Hi,

When I am rolling out a blueprint, I can see that there are multiple nodes created within my Live Copy with the sling:resourceType as wcm/msm/components/ghost. Can anyone please explain when and why are they being created?

They are being created as duplicate nodes to my existing structure.

Thanks,

Harshit

6 Replies

Level 3

kautuksahnismacdonald2008​ - Can you guys help me out with understanding this?

Level 10

THis is a known issue - i recommend opening a ticket to get fixed.

Level 2

The wcm/msm/components/ghost component is displayed when you delete a component from your live copy pages by cancelling inheritance. It displays a placeholder for the deleted component allowing content authors to re-engage inheritance for that component. User can re-enable inheritance for this component from Blueprint.

Level 1

Hi,

I am not able to re-enable inheritance for the newly created ghost nodes. Every time I try to re-enable inheritance and then try to rollout, it shows the broken inheritance symbol for that particular live copy.

Any pointers on this?

Level 1

Hello @KrishnaSelvaraj,  Could you please help me out with this ghost node.

This resource type is getting issue for me, like when i publish the page failing model.json (Breaking the Live copy site getting white page and Network tab failing page model,json).

Please help me this one issue! it's struck my learning please support me to learn this solution.

SPA, MSM, sites. How to resolve this model.json faling case.