Expand my Community achievements bar.

Content transfer from one program to another

Level 2

We have the requirement where we want to copy some content from the below instance to the another instance in different programs.

One way we know is through package manager but its not the efficient way to transfer the content is the content size is approx 100 GB.

Do we have some tool or some way in Adobe as Cloud Services where we can achieve this without so much efforts.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@abhiyash_agrawal  There is copy content tool available in the cloud manager that lets you copy content from one AEM environment to another. But  that works only for environments within a single program.

For a inter-program content transfer, you may want to check with Adobe support via a ticket to see if there are any options available from backend.

Level 2

Hello @Harwinder-singh ,

Thanks for the reply.

As you have mentioned, actually I needed to transfer the content from one program on AEMaaCS to another program only.

Nevertheless, I will just go ahead and create the ticket for the Adobe support and will check with them what are the possibilities from the backend part.

Thanks and Cheers

Abhiyash Agrawal

Level 10

@abhiyash_agrawal We can consider content transfer tool 

AEM VersionContent Transfer Tool can be run on AEM 6.3 or higher versions only.
Size of Segment StoreAn existing repository that has less than 750 million JCR nodes and up to 500 GB (online compacted size) on Author and 50 GB on Publish are currently supported. Create a support ticket with Adobe Customer Care so you can discuss options for segment store size above these limits.
Total Size of Content Repository
(segment store + data store)
Content Transfer Tool is designed to transfer content up to 20 terabytes for File Data Store type of data store. 

Follow below link for more information
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/migration-journey/c....
Step by step details available to use CTT ---> https://implementationdetails.dev/blog/2021/08/05/ctt-extraction-deep-dive/

Level 2

Hello @Imran__Khan ,

Thanks for the reply and the helpful insights.

But in this case I have already migrated to the AEM as cloud service in general. Now, I have a requirement to copy around 100 GB of the content from one of the program on AEM as cloud service to another program in AEM as cloud service. For this specific use-case, I was not able to get anything which I can use to move my content.

CTT according to my knowledge is used for migrating the content from on-prem or Adobe managed services to Adobe as cloud Services.

As you have mentioned, actually I needed to transfer the content from one program on AEMaaCS to another program only.

Nevertheless, I will just go ahead and create the ticket for the Adobe support and will check with them what are the possibilities from the backend part.

Thanks and Cheers

Abhiyash Agrawal

Community Advisor

Hi @abhiyash_agrawal 

Yes, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) provides several options for transferring content between instances, including large content sets.

One option is to use the AEM Cloud Manager, which is a cloud-based service that provides end-to-end automation for AEM deployments. Cloud Manager includes a feature called "Content Transfer," which allows you to transfer content between AEM instances using a simple user interface. This feature supports large content sets and can be used to transfer content between instances in different programs.

Another option is to use the AEM Replication feature, which allows you to replicate content between AEM instances. Replication can be configured to transfer content automatically or manually, and it supports large content sets. However, replication requires some configuration and setup, so it may not be as simple as using the Cloud Manager Content Transfer feature.

Finally, you can also use third-party tools or scripts to transfer content between AEM instances. For example, you can use the AEM Groovy Console to write custom scripts that automate content transfer tasks. Other third-party tools, such as Apache Sling Content Distribution, can also be used to transfer content between AEM instances.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/cloud-service/migration/moving-to-a... 
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/failed-to-download-package... 

Level 2

Hello @Raja_Reddy ,

Is it also possible to use the AEM replication feature between the instances of two different programs?

If yes, can you please provide me with some more details.

Note: The use case for me is too transfer the content between two instances but from two different programs.

Thanks

Administrator

@abhiyash_agrawal If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni