Is there any restriction on aem page annotations, that it will work only when layout container is a wrapper container for the page?
I can only annotate on a page using aem OOTB annotation plugin, if the wrapper component on the page is ootb layout container.
Steps for annotate a page without layout container as wrapper component in it-
1. Create an aem page
2. Drag and drop any component, may be richtext
3. Try to annotate the page. - The add event for annotate won't get triggered. Unable to add annotation
Steps for annotate a page with layout container as wrapper component in it-
2. Drag and drop General->layout container component onto the page
3. Drag and drop any component may be rich text component inside the layout container
4. Try to annotate the page. - Able to annotate successfully.
@manisha594391 Refer this link for Annotation in AEM https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/sites/authoring/using/annotations.html
Steps mentioned under "without layout container on page" says "Drag and drop any component". Are you referring to custom container component or parsys component.
Thanks for suggestions team !! I found the RCA.
The issue is occurring because of cq:placeholder class.
The components I was trying to drag and drop were having cq:placeholder class added to there rendering htmls. Henceforth the annotations does not work there.
This is a known issue. The annotations does not work with cq:placeholder. Refer the below community article for details